Mobile broadband to a HDMI cable. (1 Viewer)

Jan 3, 2017
Huntly
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640 SD
Exp
Since 2004
Just checking as I have Mifi in the bus but want to connect my Box directly to an hmdi cable to connect to a TV.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
you dont say what mifi unit but i am not aware of any that connect directly to the TV via a HDMI cable. i assume its because its a smart TV and has internet. if so its either connected via wifi or an ethernet cable

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
As Phill D says. Look for Network Setup on the TV which will tell you whether the TV has WiFi - or any sort of network facility.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Just checking as I have Mifi in the bus but want to connect my Box directly to an hmdi cable to connect to a TV.
Hi Cairngorm
As the other guys say, your question doesn't makes sense, as you are asking how to connect a video cable (HDMI) to a network device (MIFI)

What exactly are you trying to do?

OP
OP
Cairngorm
Jan 3, 2017
Huntly
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640 SD
Exp
Since 2004
you dont say what mifi unit but i am not aware of any that connect directly to the TV via a HDMI cable. i assume its because its a smart TV and has internet. if so its either connected via wifi or an ethernet cable
Hi , In my house ,my AppleTV connected to the TV via an HMDI cable. I have another box that also did that ,but I needed a direct fed from the Wi-fi via an Ethernet cable and then HMDI cable to the TV , to get it to work.
The TV I had in the mh isn’t Smart, but I still need a direct feed from the mobile router to this other box. Not sure if such a thing exists or not.

OP
OP
Cairngorm
Jan 3, 2017
Huntly
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640 SD
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Cairngorm
As the other guys say, your question doesn't makes sense, as you are asking how to connect a video cable (HDMI) to a network device (MIFI)

Hi
Hi Cairngorm

Hi I explained better in my reply to Phil D.

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
OK. So if I've got it right, you want to connect a wifi-only MIFI to a wired-only Set Top Box?

If so, then I can only suggest you get
1) a new MIFI that has ethernet cable support
2)A new Set Top Box that has wifi
3) a new TV that is "smart" and has wifi to connect direct to your MIFi

My personal preference would be 2, but maybe you could just move your Apple TV out of the house into the van when you need it?

OP
OP
Cairngorm
Jan 3, 2017
Huntly
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640 SD
Exp
Since 2004
OK. So if I've got it right, you want to connect a wifi-only MIFI to a wired-only Set Top Box?

My personal preference would be 2, but maybe you could just move your Apple TV out of the house into the van when you need it?
Apple TV works fine in the mh

Hi thanks , but I have now noticed that HUAWEI do offer a unit with Ethernet availability.

claude et maude

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer B664 CL
Exp
Since 2018
but maybe you could just move your Apple TV out of the house into the van when you need it?
I’ll vote for that, it’s exactly what we do. Connect the Apple TV to the mifi network and Robert is your aunts husband. Nothing new to set up it will work exactly as it does at home. Obviously you’ll need a bucket load of data but aside from that it will work just the same with all your normal settings. It will always remember your MH and home networks after the first time in the MH.

To make things easier for us we bought a second power lead and hdmi lead so we just take the little box with us.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
The avtex pro is not a smart tv.
I connect my samsung 10+ phone to tv with hdmi cable and special Samsung adapter from phone to hdmi cable.
Have only 1 wifi on campsite so cant use chromecast.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Hi , In my house ,my AppleTV connected to the TV via an HMDI cable. I have another box that also did that ,but I needed a direct fed from the Wi-fi via an Ethernet cable and then HMDI cable to the TV , to get it to work.
The TV I had in the mh isn’t Smart, but I still need a direct feed from the mobile router to this other box. Not sure if such a thing exists or not.
As the others have said Ethernet or Wi-fi to a device such as a mobile lap top or mobile phone and then a hdmi (or other) between the device and the TV we also use an Apple TV box it just worked straight away.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back