Mobile broadband sim - 6gb, lasts 90 days - £15 (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just thought I'd mention a reasonably priced PAYG mobile broadband sim only deal which is available at the moment - as our '3' mobile broadband is still chronic we've bought one of these to allow some usable internet in an evening (in a morning '3' is usable so hubby does his downloading etc then):

Provider: EE 4GEE sim
Cost: £15
Duration: 90 days (or until data is used up whichever is soonest)
Amount of data: 6gb
Notice period: none

It is available from Tesco (order on-line for collection in store) or you can get it from Amazon with free next day delivery if you sign up to a 30 free trial period with Amazon Prime (you must cancel within 30 days though otherwise after then you'll be charged £79!).

http://www.tesco.com/direct/ee-4g-6gb-data-sim-card-combi-pay-as-you-go/111-8689.prd

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FSDAMT8/?tag=mhf04-21

We have looked at other data sims but they are expensive and the companies have changed the rules - whereas before you could get a 30 day rolling contract one and cancel on the first day, so only have it for one period of 30 days if that's what you want, they are now stipulating that once you have bought it you have to wait for a minimum of 30 days before you can give the requisite 30 days termination notice, so in effect you MUST have it for 60 days minimum. This isn't any good for us as we are hoping to go to Scotland for a month in a few weeks time, so in effect we'd be paying for something we wouldn't use/want as when we're away in the camper we rarely go on the 'net.

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If you're in a 4G area then it may be okay but EE sucks big time (in my opinion) since they started prioritising their 4G service. They've got a lot more customers and are selling off "excess" masts.

I with them now and desperate to get away. :(

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Where we are EE is much better than the '3' offering so as with all mobile broadband, it will depend on where you are as to how good the service is.

Just to update the above, Tesco still have the sim available as before, but the original seller on Amazon has put the price up so I've found another one which is the same deal for £14.99 including free P&P:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FSDAMT8/?tag=mhf04-21

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back