Mobile auto electrician in Somerset (1 Viewer)

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all
I just wondered if anyone can recommend a mobile auto electrician that could wire a few things to my new van when I get it, satellite tv, inverter etc, I don't mind fitting them it's just the wiring part.
Thanks
Dave

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Your dealer should be able to fit them. Davan fitted my solar. It costs mind. I contacted auto electricians, they never replied or put up week excuses, don't think they are keen.

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Try a search in Minehead believe his name is Dave he is very good had a few services done by him while we attended the Dunster Archery Week in June. Sorry can't be be more helpful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
You probably cant get better than Vanbitz in Taunton. Maybe busy for a while, but great service and Funster discount to.(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi all
I just wondered if anyone can recommend a mobile auto electrician that could wire a few things to my new van when I get it, satellite tv, inverter etc, I don't mind fitting them it's just the wiring part.
Thanks
Dave
If you are fitting them , the wireing is no problem, I know some on here will go on about safety and that, but if you follow the rules and get plenty fuses in, and the right strength cable, it's only a matter of a few screws and crimps. Far easier than fitting them in the first place.

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
You probably cant get better than Vanbitz in Taunton. Maybe busy for a while, but great service and Funster discount to.(y)

Yes I know Eddie is local but his gear is a bit out of my price range, and that's not me having a moan, I just think he only deals with the top end stuff.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi all
Thanks
Dave
By the way, if you find a really good mobile auto electrician in Somerset, experienced with motorhomes, can you give him our number? We will offer him a job (y)

He won't have to work outside in the rain and the cold anymore, and we may stand a chance of getting our waiting lists down:)

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
By the way, if you find a really good mobile auto electrician in Somerset, experienced with motorhomes, can you give him our number? We will offer him a job (y)

He won't have to work outside in the rain and the cold anymore, and we may stand a chance of getting our waiting lists down:)

I'd be more than happy to use Vanbitz Eddie, it's just if I want a satellite system and a 2000w inverter sorted at your place it'll cost me at least £2500, I'm just exploring all avenues, no offence intended.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I'd be more than happy to use Vanbitz Eddie, it's just if I want a satellite system and a 2000w inverter sorted at your place it'll cost me at least £2500, I'm just exploring all avenues, no offence intended.
Absolutely non taken and if we can help in anyway we will be delighted to information wise (y)

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
When i was having prolems with tv eddie spent lot of time with me on info and it was sorted, had solar fitted batteries and battery master good bloke and good staff. Not related in anyway.

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Absolutely non taken and if we can help in anyway we will be delighted to information wise (y)

Very kind of you Eddie (y).
I'm guessing you will only fit the bits you supply, for example satellite dishes, inverters etc? The reason I ask is I was thinking of getting a Snipe 2 satellite.

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
When i was having prolems with tv eddie spent lot of time with me on info and it was sorted, had solar fitted batteries and battery master good bloke and good staff. Not related in anyway.

I can tell by reading posts on here that Eddie and his team are held in very high regard and it is more than likely that's where I'll end up at some point (y)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Hi all
Thanks
Dave
Did you ever find one? I could do with one. (I don't think Eddie can have found one, he didn't want my job)

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Did you ever find one? I could do with one. (I don't think Eddie can have found one, he didn't want my job)

I ended up doing the jobs myself, although I did take the van to Eddies to have the alarm sorted, and they did a fine job.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back