MMM really useful Motorhome Book

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by vindiboy, Oct 1, 2009.

1. vindiboy

vindiboy Funster

Ratings:
    +1
    Well you show goers at Lincoln would have got your free MMM Really useful Motorhome book, what do you think of it, I thought it very good especially for new Motorhomers or those thinking of joining us,it is full of good advice and no frills information, but they say it's worth £14-99 on the back cover, I wouldn't pay that much for it so pleased I got mine free.Several pieces printed in it as posted by Funsters on here too.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +38,918
    I regularly smile at free gifts which say "worth xxx". It's certainly a useful summary for someone who is thinking about buying a motorhome.

I wouldn't have paid £14.99 for it had it been on sale at Lincoln and I'm not sure if I would have done so if it had been around before we bought our van. Having said that I did spend a lot more on buying monthly magazines in the run up to buying and the first year of ownership ::bigsmile:

Graham

3. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +31,855
    Yup, not worth £14.99 but def the best book I have ever seen on the MH subject.

I actually read it from cover to cover and got several bloody useful bits of info from it. ( and THIS from a life long confirmed know-it-all ! :Eeek:::bigsmile:)
    Highly recomended reading

4. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +16,735
    We picked up the book as well, found it to be quite good, wouldn't pay £14.99 for it though.

5. williammartina

williammartina Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestion, even I will follow this process it is a nice idea.

6. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Ratings:
    +97,989

Could you give me details of those pieces, I don't recall giving anyone permission to copy anything from the forum. Thanks

7. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +16,735
    Hi Jim

I can't see anything in the book that has been directly lifted from the Fun website.

There is reference to Fun in the websites section, it shows a picture of the Fun homepage, and gives the website address and the following text.
    A relatively recent addition to the on-line motorhoming community - forums are quite busy and the banter remains pretty light-hearted most of the time.

Brian

8. savantuk

savantuk

Ratings:
    +40
    Yeeea - Go get 'em Jim.

I don't think the OP's will be too pleased either:Angry: