MMM cuts the disability issue to next to nothing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Just got my copy of this months MMM.. I suspect t will be my last one as I have cancelled the subscription due to the same old rubbish being churned out each month. But I was not a happy bunny to see the disability suppliment cut.. I was informed after I had submitted my articles, it seem Fen Leasure have failed out with MMM after 18 years.

I get paid like others for my articles and we have been told we will be paid for the work (when?? how many times did I have to chase them last year) but it is clear the size is reducing again of the mazagine... While a couple of my photo's have been used in the scooter review .. it seems they have chopped the articles in favour of adverts.

I know times are hard, but it is always the disabled that get the cuts.. information that would assist disabled readers has now gone for good. I suspect this will be the last supplement that will be produced now Fen Leasure have broken there links. I for one will not be writing any more articles about sites for disabled people.

But just wanted to draw others attention to the issue.

Bob.. p.s the article should be on there web site...

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Just got my copy of this months MMM.. I suspect t will be my last one as I have cancelled the subscription due to the same old rubbish being churned out each month. But I was not a happy bunny to see the disability suppliment cut.. I was informed after I had submitted my articles, it seem Fen Leasure have failed out with MMM after 18 years.

I get paid like others for my articles and we have been told we will be paid for the work (when?? how many times did I have to chase them last year) but it is clear the size is reducing again of the mazagine... While a couple of my photo's have been used in the scooter review .. it seems they have chopped the articles in favour of adverts.

I know times are hard, but it is always the disabled that get the cuts.. information that would assist disabled readers has now gone for good. I suspect this will be the last supplement that will be produced now Fen Leasure have broken there links. I for one will not be writing any more articles about sites for disabled people.

Hi Bob Fen Leisure is a writer called Jonathn Lloyd a really good guy, but like all of us is getting older and perhaps just wants a bit more quiet time. He is also very involved with Practical Motorhome and the Motor Caravanners Club

Eddie

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs

if they cant bother there arses to include the disabled .then sod em, they wont get my money, any buisiness that doesent cater for disabled, shouldent be in buisiness, that includes the dealers as well as the manufactorers. as a disabled person, i and many others make as much contribution to there buisiness, as any abled bodied person,:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have seen a lot more people with disabilities using motorhomes in recent years, so I'm surprised that MMM is reducing that aspect of their publication. That said, in four years we only have 30 or so posts in the "Motorhomes for the Disabled" Forum section. Do I need to change its name? Do we need to promote that aspect of Fun to encourage a bit more input?

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I took MMM to task some years ago as they used the term 'handicapped' which implies begging i.e 'cap in hand'. I suggested using 'disabled' but now I am having second thoughts,but I stopped buying it (nearly £4 for a 'catalogue'!).
It may be more acceptable to have the topic titled 'accessible motorhoming'.
I am not trying to be PC but I have a friend who is a wheelchair user and is more 'able' than me!
And the website is getting like 'Son of Darkside'!

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Ys I know jonathn Lloyd

Hi Bob Fen Leisure is a writer called Jonathn Lloyd a really good guy, but like all of us is getting older and perhaps just wants a bit more quiet time. He is also very involved with Practical Motorhome and the Motor Caravanners Club

Eddie

Hi Eddie

I know Jonathn, I send him my copy each year.. he is the middleman as such.. there has been a falling out I gather and he did advise me and other people that write the articles. He has been a good middle man and on this occasion faught hard to make sure we all get paid despite the articles not being used.. we wer all commissioned to do various articles.. the money is not the issue. It is the fact they have reduced the copy and it no longer is of interest it seems to them.. hence the falling out between Fen leisure and MMM..

I did an detailed report on a camp site in Northern France that has excellent facilities for the disabled. UNable as yet to find it on the MMM site.

It will be noticed in the MMM supplement I do have a small article on scooters and a couple of photographs.. both carry my name and copy right symbol.... I always these days make it a term that my photos are copy righted to stop them being used outside of the intended publication.. know to happen...

As Jim knows I have done work for him for future use re disabled using a motorhome.. one day he may use it.. but that is up to him... I do think we ignore disabled issues a lot in general in life.. Disabled people have money the same as anyone else and they spend.. seems some do not want the money.

But thanks Eddie for your imput.

Regards

Bob

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Its about time the word "disabled" was outlawed. A disabled car means its f****d, to disable something tends to lean toward making something useless.
The phrase we should all use, is "Less abled". In the Olympics, there will be less abled people playing sports to a level that most of us could only dream of, so how could they be described as "disabled", someone in their youth who has limiited use of limbs, is probably only as abled as someone of advancing years, its about time we just accepted people, as people with different needs, and addressed them.
A person who requires a wider door and a larger shower room, should receive as much of a manufacturers time as someone who requires a fixed bed and a large garage.......they both have thesame money to spend.
Please note, apart from being clumsy and thick, i have no registered "disabilities".

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006

We shall be cancelling our subscription also. We to have noticed the lack of articles and more adverts:Angry:. .Thanks for the information.

ps Bob, Amanda has seen you in the mags she checks now every time they come.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Its about time the word "disabled" was outlawed. A disabled car means its f****d, to disable something tends to lean toward making something useless.
The phrase we should all use, is "Less abled". In the Olympics, there will be less abled people playing sports to a level that most of us could only dream of, so how could they be described as "disabled", someone in their youth who has limiited use of limbs, is probably only as abled as someone of advancing years, its about time we just accepted people, as people with different needs, and addressed them.
A person who requires a wider door and a larger shower room, should receive as much of a manufacturers time as someone who requires a fixed bed and a large garage.......they both have thesame money to spend.
Please note, apart from being clumsy and thick, i have no registered "disabilities".
there really should be no need of these PC descriptions of people. No matter what their infirmaties or percieved, inability, disability or whatever term we use. How about special needs? Someone will take offence at that. One leg two legs or none that person will manage to do what the feel they have to one way or another, and makes them no less able than anyone else in the same situation. Adaptions to the way people live are made by many people, the poor, the mentally ill, and me, we all make life changes to suit our circumstances, and don't need PC descriptions to make us feel better, I am an olde farte and thats that. I don't need anyone trying to change other peoples perception of me, trying not to upset me by calling me an olde farte or whatever. disabled, less abled, ability impaired for goodness sake stop feeling guilty when you have to mention the fact that someone else is different. Smudger can move faster than me, reach taller, and do many other things I cannot do. Does he complain? I have never heard him complain, whats the point. He lives an interesting life fulltiming in a gigantic rig. Is that PC?

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I havn't bought one for a few years now, I got sick of reading the same old same old stuff. Recently had a couple given to me, nothings changed!

AND did someone mention £4 a time now? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
think you learn and enjoy more on here than i will in a magazines

here is virtually instant for a tenner a year

magazine dated a month in front for 3 months history £40 odd

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
if they cant bother there arses to include the disabled .then sod em, they wont get my money, any buisiness that doesent cater for disabled, shouldent be in buisiness, that includes the dealers as well as the manufactorers. as a disabled person, i and many others make as much contribution to there buisiness, as any abled bodied person,:Angry:

they save money if they cut your throat

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
slobadoberbob said "I was not a happy bunny to see the disability suppliment cut................... it is always the disabled that get the cuts.. information that would assist disabled readers has now gone for good.

and Wildman said "there really should be no need of these PC descriptions of people. No matter what their infirmaties or percieved, inability, disability or whatever term we use. How about special needs? Someone will take offence at that. One leg two legs or none that person will manage to do what the feel they have to one way or another, and makes them no less able than anyone else in the same situation. Adaptions to the way people live are made by many people, the poor, the mentally ill, and me, we all make life changes to suit our circumstances, and don't need PC descriptions to make us feel better, I am an olde farte and thats that. I don't need anyone trying to change other peoples perception of me, trying not to upset me by calling me an olde farte or whatever. disabled, less abled, ability impaired for goodness sake stop feeling guilty when you have to mention the fact that someone else is different. Smudger can move faster than me, reach taller, and do many other things I cannot do. Does he complain? I have never heard him complain, whats the point. He lives an interesting life fulltiming in a gigantic rig.

I agree completely with you both.

slobadoberbob also said "I for one will not be writing any more articles about sites for disabled people."

Please keep putting useful information on motorhome fun, not only for the current funsters that have a wide range of disabilities, but also for those who become disabled in later life - lets face it, this does happen (although I wouldnt wish it on anyone) it is a fact of life.

Smudger said "If they cant bother there arses to include the disabled .then sod em, they wont get my money, any business that doesnt cater for disabled, shouldnt be in business, that includes the dealers as well as the manufactorers. as a disabled person, i and many others make as much contribution to there business, as any abled bodied person,:Angry:[/QUOTE]

If people are not "disability friendly" I dont give them my money either. I also agree that many people with disabilities contribute the same or sometimes more that those who have the luxury of full health.

I have seen a lot more people with disabilities using motorhomes in recent years, so I'm surprised that MMM is reducing that aspect of their publication. That said, in four years we only have 30 or so posts in the "Motorhomes for the Disabled" Forum section. Do I need to change its name? Do we need to promote that aspect of Fun to encourage a bit more input?

There have been a wide range of threads relating to disability issues but as they do not all relate to "motorhomes for the disabled" they are somewhat fragmented all over the various forum headings.

What about a heading Disability related? which would cover everything or keeping the motorhomes for the disabled separate and including a new one which is headed "Disability Issues" both these new headings could include a wide range of posts from benefit fraud issues, which have come up on here, to changes in legislation, to which are the most user friendly sites for people with disabilities. Just a suggestion xxxx

Darklord said Its about time the word "disabled" was outlawed. A disabled car means its f****d, to disable something tends to lean toward making something useless.

I think in years to come the word disabled will technically disappear. It is expected that in the not too distant future (I think the date was 2025) that those in the UK with disabilities (no matter what type of disability) will exceed those who have no disabilities. This is one reason why laws are being changed and why there is such a push for "disabilities" to be accepted. There is also a great worry that the number of unemployed and retired will outweigh the able bodied workforce by thousands.

Darkloard also said "The phrase we should all use, is "Less abled". In the Olympics, there will be less abled people playing sports to a level that most of us could only dream of, so how could they be described as "disabled", someone in their youth who has limited use of limbs, is probably only as abled as someone of advancing years, its about time we just accepted people, as people with different needs, and addressed them.
A person who requires a wider door and a larger shower room, should receive as much of a manufacturers time as someone who requires a fixed bed and a large garage.......they both have the same money to spend.
Please note, apart from being clumsy and thick, i have no registered "disabilities".[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately no one has been able to come up with a term that is not derogatory, handicapped, mental, spastic, disabled, less abled are all terms that are not viewed as "acceptable".

I truly believe everyone has a talent - even if its not found until later in life. Many who cant read are very good with their hands, those who are blind are still able to get around. Those who cannot walk again can have some sort of mobility, but sadly those with severe mental health problems, such as autism, cerebral palsy etc often suffer a far crueller life being totally dependent on others

Darklord has hit the nail on the head though - it is NOT OKAY to be DIFFERENT no matter what that difference is. We still need to find a way for different to be accepted as the norm.

think you learn and enjoy more on here than i will in a magazines

here is virtually instant for a tenner a year

magazine dated a month in front for 3 months history £40 odd

Beautifully put Tofo xxx Why go elsewhere when fun is here 24/7 and where people answer any question no matter what time of day or night it is posted.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
As those that know me, I try to get on with it

As many of you that know me, I try and get on with it...when I was at Lincoln I was doing my usual long set up which Jim always finds amusing... even reminding me on the Thursday afternoon at 3 p.m I need to start parking down.. I have no issues with Jim's jokes.... But at Lincoln we backed on to MCC yet again.. miserable lot they are, but that is a different story.. I had finished my long set up and this chap wonders over from the MCC and says (I thought he was on his way to moan.. they had already done so about the RV's generators running .. a long line of use backed on to them).. no, he was not complaining .. he came up and said he had been watching my long set up and thought should he offer to help me in the wheelchair or not? he decided not to do so.

Being disabled and in a wheelchair can at times be a pain.. I have to often ask for help and I do when I need it. It is always available from friends as well as those we do not know.

Those again that know me, treat me just the same as anyone else (mostly) they all love to use the scooter, even sit in the wheelchair when it is free...I do not have an issue with that.

It is when someone for example when I have to go to hospital with Sue (my wife) and the clerk at the desk speaks to her... not me:cry: it is a case of does he take sugar (A radio programe way back).. I do have a brain.. must have used it sometime to get my law degree, but I like to speak for myself and be treated with respect. I take the banter and disabled jokes do not up set me. Having the P taken out of my size is a different issue. But what you describe disability as is not important to me. It is recognising that we have a place in society and not trying to treat us as second class people. I could go on, but you know what I am saying. fortunately few I meet in the motorhome world are like that ands I see a lot of others in the same boat as myself. We just want to live as a normal life as we can.

Perhaps we need to use the disability section more on this site.. that is up to you those that belong to it. Information like Joy was asking about steps in to a motorhome is not hard to answer as Ratcliffe do a step lifter .. I know it so do others, just the info is not out there. It is a shame MMM have broken ties with Jonathn Lloyd and reduced the size and just stuck loads of adverts in to it. I cancelled my subscription .. that is money I can spend elsewhere.. like the new RVOC flag.

Bob:winky:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
MMM's publishers must be Lib/Tories They have managed to marginalise less abled people
With the benefit changes!!!:Angry::Angry::Angry:

danfaye

Free Member
Oct 18, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
It is a shame when someone starts a thread on a forum without checking the facts first.

Unfortunately, Bob has done just this and the resulting posts on this thread, while understandable, have been based on his misinformed comments.

All he needed to do was pick up the phone.

But Bob didn't and as a result has jumped to the wrong conclusions and started a thread that has led to some disheartening (and misinformed) comments from people about MMM and the Mobility supplement.

I emailed Bob with all the facts yesterday and asked him to re-post. Sadly he hasn't done this. So rather than let this thread continue and run the risk of people jumping to the wrong conclusions, here are the facts re Warners and the Mobility supplement.

Warners hasn't cut Mobility and does not intend to stop publishing it.

It's a great supplement and full credit goes to Jonathan Lloyd for producing the content for Warners for so many years.

Warners will in future be responsible for the content in house.

Warners has also changed the way Mobility is delivered to its many readers.

So there is a reduced pagination printed version, which has been posted to all MMM subscribers - for free.

There is also an extended version, which can be read following the link below - again for free.

You can also download it for future reference if you like - again for free.

So just to recap:
Warners has not cut Mobility
Warners is not attacking, ignoring or discriminating against disabled readers
Warners will continue to produce this supplement - for free!

Just goes to show that you shouldn't believe everything you read on these forums.

The rule I try to work to is always check the facts before printing - it's a rule I wish others would adopt.

Thanks
Daniel Attwood
Managing editor
MMM

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Okay, I read the thread yesterday and have just read the replies from today and to be perfectly honest I am totally disgusted with some of the comments that have been made on here ... totally unfounded by the looks of it. I had always thought that members of this forum were less likely to jump to conclusions and give out duff info, but perhaps I was wrong.

I expect you all to offer profuse apologies to MMM/Daniel for the slanderous comments which have been made.

I am extremely disappointed as this is NOT what I thought the 'FUN' forum was about .... :Sad:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
Well thank you for that reply-would that more people in the 'trade' responded so quickly.:thumb:

Present companies excepted.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well thank you for that reply-would that more people in the 'trade' responded so quickly.:thumb:

Present companies excepted.

And where is YOUR apology then? :whistle:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for coming on and putting the record straight about the Mobility Supplement. I have seen the supplement this month and I must say its OK, some excellent articles. I just checked and it only has six pages (25%) of mobility related ads.:thumb: Compared to the main mag which a quick count shows over half the 266 pages are adverts (53%):thumbdown:

Is the Mobility Supplement going to stay as a separate section or will it be incorporated into your regular £3.95 brick of advertisements :winky:

It is a shame when someone starts a thread on a forum without checking the facts first.

Unfortunately, Bob has done just this and the resulting posts on this thread,

The rule I try to work to is always check the facts before printing - it's a rule I wish others would adopt.

Thanks
Daniel Attwood
Managing editor
MMM

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
For a starter I have not had an email from you

Unfortunately, Bob has done just this and the resulting posts on this thread, while understandable, have been based on his misinformed comments.

All he needed to do was pick up the phone.

But Bob didn't and as a result has jumped to the wrong conclusions and started a thread that has led to some disheartening (and misinformed) comments from people about MMM and the Mobility supplement.

I emailed Bob with all the facts yesterday and asked him to re-post. Sadly he hasn't done this. So rather than let this thread continue and run the risk of people jumping to the wrong conclusions, here are the facts re Warners and the Mobility supplement.

Warners hasn't cut Mobility and does not intend to stop publishing it.

It's a great supplement and full credit goes to Jonathan Lloyd for producing the content for Warners for so many years.

Warners will in future be responsible for the content in house.

Warners has also changed the way Mobility is delivered to its many readers.

So there is a reduced pagination printed version, which has been posted to all MMM subscribers - for free.

There is also an extended version, which can be read following the link below - again for free.

You can also download it for future reference if you like - again for free.

So just to recap:
Warners has not cut Mobility
Warners is not attacking, ignoring or discriminating against disabled readers
Warners will continue to produce this supplement - for free!

Just goes to show that you shouldn't believe everything you read on these forums.

Thanks
Daniel Attwood
Managing editor
MMM

For a starter Daniel I have not as yet received any email from you to either my AOL account or my Gmail account and certainly not via the p.m side of this site.

Perhaps you would like to tell us where are the articles I and others submitted to Johnathon Lloyd for publication this year? I was contracted to write an article for a site in France and two articles for scooters. I see the article for France is missing from the paper copy of the MMM, and the one written regarding the two scooters seems to have been butcherd to become one article. Only pleasing part is you have included my copy right on the photos. At least this year you managed to get my name spelt correctly so thanks for for some mercies.

I stand by my view about the magazine. The advert content is massive, and one has to question the full page by your own in house writers on the generators. A double page 12 and 13 by the same person.. page 13 seems to be a review similar to a normal MMM review on a motorhome with a few aditional points .. but I do give you it is about disability and that is good. It seems the articles from the paid contributors have not been published, but banished to the internet in favour of adverts?

You fail to say you have parted company with Johnathn Lloyd after many years and he had to come and fight to get MMM to agree to pay us for the work that was contracted for. I have the emails from him regarding the issues and the extra meeting to get that sorted out.

While I note Jims remarks about the amount percent wise of adverts.. there is also 4 pages of directory information. A lot of the articles are about companies such as coach built on page 14 - full page article which is in effect advertising a company.

I am disappointed at the magazine's content. I am disappointed that you feel the need to put the contents on line rather than in hard print format, disappointed that after all these years you think you can do it better than Johnathan Lloyd.

It is nice to see you have taken the time to read this great forum. Perhaps you need to do it more often and get a better feel of what the motorhome / RV user wants in a publication.

But I have already cancelled my subscription after many years as I feel it turns out the same old reports month after month. As I own an RV very rare is there information of use to me. But even the normal articles are stale these days... perhaps as editor you need to look at that issue? The one good item is the disability supplement which as I say I was disappointed with. Not everyone wants to read articles on line, and the fact Warners is pushing it's new Internet based magazine seems to confirm the situation.

I think Jim may have hit the nail on the head.. the Disability supplement is at risk of ending up in the main brick of the magazine ... I hope not, as it was a very important supplement for many.

Oh I look forward to getting this missing email you say you sent? I am sure you have my telephone number on file so it is also there if you want to discuss the issue.

Bob

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
And where is YOUR apology then? :whistle:
Just for the record I spent 30 yearsworking with people with disabilities
long before the DDA was introduced in fact I was a majorcampaigner.
I understand Bobs comments but MMM was somewhat tardy in their reponses.
I do not wish to enter into any further discussion as this thread is in danger of becoming like the Darkside.
Have you heard of freedom of speech and expression

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just for the record I spent 30 yearsworking with people with disabilities
long before the DDA was introduced in fact I was a majorcampaigner.
I understand Bobs comments but MMM was somewhat tardy in their reponses.
I do not wish to enter into any further discussion as this thread is in danger of becoming like the Darkside.

Bully for you ... I have a disabled father ('less able', or whatever you prefer to call people) who has been like that since he was 3 when he contracted polio ... he's now 86, so make that 48 years of 'experience' in my case ... but I certainly wouldn't say that makes a jot of difference to what you've been saying about MMM etc.

Have you heard of freedom of speech and expression

Yes I have ... but saying things that are untrue or misleading is another ... very sad that you don't appear to know the difference.

:Sad:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Bully for you ... I have a disabled father ('less able', or whatever you prefer to call people) who has been like that since he was 3 when he contracted polio ... he's now 86, so make that 48 years of 'experience' in my case ... but I certainly wouldn't say that makes a jot of difference to what you've been saying about MMM etc.

Yes I have ... but saying things that are untrue or misleading is another ... very sad that you don't appear to know the difference.

:Sad:

I know you are a big fan of all things MMM Mel, ::bigsmile:But the poster promptly thanked Daniel for putting him right. It seems there was a misunderstanding of MMM intentions and we were grateful for Daniels statement, I certainly don't think apologies are needed, If MMM want an apology then I'm sure when Daniel gets a free moment from selling adverts he can pop over ask for one::bigsmile: I don't think we need to be demanding apologies on their behalf. Thanks

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I know you are a big fan of all things MMM Mel, ::bigsmile:But the poster promptly thanked Daniel for putting him right.

I must have missed that bit ... where was it?

It seems there was a misunderstanding of MMM intentions and we were grateful for Daniels statement, I certainly don't think apologies are needed, If MMM want an apology then I'm sure when Daniel gets a free moment from selling adverts he can pop over ask for one::bigsmile: I don't think we need to be demanding apologies on their behalf. Thanks

... nothing to do with being a fan of MMM, or anything else for that matter, just don't like mud being slung and accusations being made when they are to some extent unfounded, especially about such an important and 'emotive' subject ... people are very quick to do this but extremely slow to acknowledge when they are wrong ... :Mellow:

If this had been the other way round and MMM etc were posting things about this forum which were wrong and damaging, somehow I think lots of other FUN members would be very, very, very quick to come to the site's defence.

It is interesting that others who also made postings haven't bothered to take back some of their ill informed comments ...

Fair is fair, that's all.

As for adverts ... how does this site survive???? It can't purely be by members' subs can it? :winky:

Whilst I'm not a fan of all the adverts in the MMM mag, or any mag for that matter, and even websites, I appreciate that they are necessary, and, dare I say it, I have actually found some of them very useful when I've needed stuff or services provided.:Blush:

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
For once speachless:Eeek:

Link Removed

Wow what a dreadful bigoted thread they have over there. The guy called Tracker thinks someone who can afford a 24ft Winnebago should show more gratitude for what is paid for by others:Eeek::Eeek: What a thing to say, I reckon the one-legged owner of the 24ft winnebago has probably paid more tax than Mr Tracker, in fact I'd guess that's a given considering how that post highlights such a lack of intelligence. :Doh:

Hilarious that among all that bigotry there that posters here should be asked to apologise to a magazine.:Eeek: Should I go over and demand an apology for those cras posts? I don't think so, it might encourage the likes of Mr tracker here and that would really lower the tone:RollEyes: Let's leave it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back