MkII [1995] Ducato Cab A/C not working (1 Viewer)

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
Good morning, all!

The Cab A/C has decided to stop working. Normally, when you turn it on, and the ventilation fans are set to 0 / off, the fans start up at 1 (i.e. no change in fan speed when you change it from 0 to 1). With the fans turned up, the air is also not cool. If it was just not cool, I'd go for a re-gas, but with the fan not kicking in as well...

The switch is working, and is receiving 12v. The Ducato manual states the A/C fuse is in the engine bay, on the right, but I can't find any fuses under the engine bay anywhere, except a number of in-line fuses around the battery (which I believe are all to do with the Hymer side of things). The manual also doesn't provide a picture of where these fuses should be located. I've checked all the fuses in the glove box and they're all fine. I've yet to check if the clutch kicks in. I can't hear it, but I've also not yet had the assistance of my good lady. It's a Hymer A-Class, if that changes anything.

It could still be that a re-gas fixes it, and it's simply the pressure switch that is causing the system to not work at all, but I was wondering if anyone had any insight into this.

Many thanks!

Peter.

phillipsheila

Free Member
Jun 23, 2020
Swansea, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail 660se
Exp
since 2000. 18 motorhomes and counting
I had same prob it just needed regas, it was dead no noise until gassed up but it did have a slow leak, I dont know much about aircon but someone will (y)

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Many systems have pressure switch to activate the system, so no pressure, no worky. My first stop would be a regas

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
We had Brunhilde regassed last month, first time since it was built at 5 years old. Fan struggled in July heatwave and our journey north on M6 had cab temperatures of 31 degrees and more. Just shy of £80 for the regas and refrigerated air returned ... Of course, by then the heatwave had passed, but we do live in Scotland ... ;) :LOL:

Steve

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The lack of fan operation indicates that it could well be the usual fan speed resistor problem.
If somolar to a mark 1 ducato the resistor is on the rh side of the fan assembly. On the mark 1's the bimetallic strip would open & stay stuck. Sometimes placing the whole assembly in a plastic bag & put in the freezer overnight would reset it.Otherwise it is a new one.

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
if it's gas the ats groupon offer is still on

Broken Link Removed
Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 12-37-55 Air-Conditioning Recharge with Optional Antibacterial Treatm...png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
NorthernSands

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks all. Regas it is!

gus-lopez - fans work as normal. Switching on the A/C automatically switches the fans on to 1 when off. This bit isn’t working.

Wack - looks like that offer is still on. Thanks!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back