Mixer tap proem in hymer exsis i (1 Viewer)

Feb 15, 2016
inverness, highland
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis I 562
Exp
since 2003
Hi, just in the Dordogne at the mo and have a problem with the kitchen mixer tap. Boiler heating water fine, mixer in shower / bathroom works great but the kitchen mixer only draws using the pump when at half way between cold and hot. If I put the tap full onto hot or cold I can't hear the pump drawing and after the water in the pipe is drawn through nothing else comes through. Strange thing is that if I have the bathroom tap on hot, hot will come through the kitchen mixer.
Can anyone help

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
As above... there is a break in one of the two small wires to the micro switch...

The break is where the wires constantly flex behind the mixer....

I've repaired mine often... by soldering... as it's about £15 a pop for a silly little switch...

There are some pics on here from me a while back showing tap and break etc...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Agree with jhonit will be a break in the wire to the microswitch, just happens to be touching when in the centre position.
Repaired them on a previous van by solering and sleeving with 1mm silicon sleeving, easy job providing your soldering is reasonable.
To keep you going for now just turn the washbasin tap on enough to run the pump but no water coming out then you can use the kitchen tap, providing the tank has water in it no harm will come to the pump if left running with taps closed.

OP
OP
D.ten
Feb 15, 2016
inverness, highland
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis I 562
Exp
since 2003
Great news, just took the drawer out and seen the tiny wires, no wonder they have disconnected. My tap is different as the tap handles come out of the side of the tap so I can't take the top off. I need to undo the nut underneath the work surface to access the wires. No such tools here so I'll wait until I get home. Aink to the pics

OP
OP
D.ten
Feb 15, 2016
inverness, highland
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis I 562
Exp
since 2003
Just took the lever off and can see where the lead is broken, thing is, it's right where the lead exits from inside the tap so getting access is a pain. As luck would have it, taking the cover off has now meant the tap doesn't work at all.. Lenny's trick with the bathroom tap works a treat although still have another week in France so will be a bit of a pain.

OP
OP
D.ten
Feb 15, 2016
inverness, highland
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis I 562
Exp
since 2003
Just an update. Hi home, dismantled tap and fed through new wires, shrink wrapped them then realised this wouldn't fit into the tap body so when the lever was turned it linked and didn't allow the lever to open fully. Father-in-law had brainwave, wrap wires once around the body of the tap under the cover and voilà, fitted perfectly and no kinks..

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I kept my tap movement to a minimum as have had to replace microswitch in the past.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back