Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Here we as sat on a CCC CS in mid Wales in the rain, on my 70th birdhday, then we get a message to say that my best friend of 40+ years, David, died last night from cancer aged 63, he had suffered for many months, so was not unexpected, just not yet.
We cannot do anything if we return home early, but it has taken the shine off our jaunt through Wales, we will have to decide what to do when we don't feel so numb.
I am reminded of the old saying again, live each day to the full.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sad as it is try to think on the happy times you shared. No one can take your memories away though I know it doesn't help numb the situation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
My eldest brother died of cancer at the age of 63 fifteen years ago.
I was 63 yesterday, your post brought back memories, must always make the most of things as you never know what's round the corner.
Remember the good times you had together.
Happy Birthday for today although I know it's a sad day.

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Words can't say enough friends come in many forms and guises have a drink and remember the good times

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Sorry for your loss.....agree with the others, raise a glass or two to a good friend, times shared, memories made, she'd a tear or two as well.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
My husband's best friend died a couple of months ago at the age of 54. He was diagnosed with cancer on Christmas eve and died on Good Friday... so quickly - it was shocking. He and his partner had plans to buy a motorhome and tour Devon - they never made it. That's been the main reason we decided to take the plunge now rather than wait till retirement. We think of him a lot as I'm sure you will of your friend.

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Thank you everybody for your support and sympathy, we will endeavour to sort things out tomorrow after a wee dram or two.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Remember the good times..... your friend is with you every day in your memories so raise a glass and say "thanks for the good times".

I've nursed family members through terminal cancer and the one who die quickly are the lucky ones in my experience.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I lost a very dear friend the year before last and she was in her late fifties and far too young to die. She is missed every minute of every day.

The older we all get the more commonplace is this tale of woe and sorrow. If by chance I should go soon, and many of you will be amongst my friends, please don't let my passing ruin your holiday, please raise a glass and say I'm glad I knew him for sure as eggs is eggs my life has been richer for knowing all of you........Griff

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
So sorry for you, but as above, remember the good times and only come back if you know for sure you can do something practical when you are home, there probably isn't much that can be done

Sad news on your birthday, but have one of those drams to the pair of you (y)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I am reminded of the old saying again, live each day to the full.

Maybe your friend would remind you of that, and tell you to carry on with your trip until there's a practical reason to return home?

My sympathies - my step dad was in his 60s when he died from cancer only 18 months after he and my Mum got married. My Mum died of the same type of cancer only 7 months after he did. Before diagnosis they were both healthy active people - make the best of the time you have.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am sorry about your news.

I lost a lovely friend and colleague about 18 months ago who was only 49.

Lovely girl she was.

RIP Sue.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back