Mix Digital Caravan satellite & Broadband TV system (1 Viewer)

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
Anyone have any experience of the following Sat dish I am thinking about buying. Quick replies if possible pls. We are away to head off for a couple of days and was thinking of stopping off to buy this enroute. Guy says he paid about £200 for the lot, all new in packaging. This is what he says in his ad.

`Hi, I'm selling a brand new, still boxed complete caravan Freesat TV system. It's never been used and is surplus to requirements therefore I'm selling it.
It comes with an 80cm dish which covers zone 1 & 2, zone 2 covers Scotland and some of the more remote parts of Wales, I believe it may also cover parts of Europe but I'm not sure(?). Zone 1 covers the rest of the UK.
The Freesat receiver enables you to pick up over 200 TV channels. The make and model of the Freesat box is Humax HB-1000S. The Freesat receiver still has it's factory fitted protective plastic on the sreen. All cables are included as shown as is Satellite finder and a twin universal LNB. `

He is asking £50, seems ok to me, but as I know nothing about this system any user experience would be appreciated. He has put pics on and you can see all new in boxes and packaging. I only need coverage for Scotland.. Comes with tripod aswell.
Cheers G

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Seems very cheap. A new Humax box is around £100 itself.
If you are collecting and can see it all working before parting with cash could be a bargain.

OP
OP
Euro330

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
Yeah thats what I kinda thought. Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The receiver at £50 is certainly worth it.
80cm dish is ok for Scotland, just be aware of where and how you will store it in your van !
Manual system with a tripod, people do get fed up of setting these up.
Be aware that as its Freesat you dont really get more than you will have on a TV aerial in the UK.. Plus will need a clean line of sight for alignment.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
its not massively cheap but is a good buy at £50 if it doesnt cost much to collect it?

OP
OP
Euro330

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
Cheers peops for that. Just heading for the dark side of the moon now. Will update when I get back. Cheers. G

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back