Mitre Saw (1 Viewer)

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Got mine from Machine Mart Clarke’s does all that I want take your time cutting. It’s all about the blade. Don’t blue it.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I think Screwfix has always been part of b and q but as time has gone on the prices have risen.
Not always. They started in mid 1970's as a mail order company selling (guess what) screws. I used them when I was doing up our first house as they were much cheaper than the only other alternative at the time, builders merchants. Occasionally sold other things. From memory they were one of the first places to sell the Black and Decker Workmate, which was one of the first tools specifically aimed at the DIY sector.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Not always. They started in mid 1970's as a mail order company selling (guess what) screws. I used them when I was doing up our first house as they were much cheaper than the only other alternative at the time, builders merchants. Occasionally sold other things. From memory they were one of the first places to sell the Black and Decker Workmate, which was one of the first tools specifically aimed at the DIY sector.
I didn't use them until they had units in business parks they became part of kingfisher in 1999. In Leicester there's a shop that just sells screws fixings etc and they're a great place to buy odd sized screws in stainless etc they're called "all screwed up"

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Toolstation I think is the same as wickes and travis perkins. I think Screwfix has always been part of b and q but as time has gone on the prices have risen.
screwfix were originally a private company based in yeovil i was dealing with them probably 40 years ago all mail order

Feb 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
PPVC Autocruise Alto
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have the small Makita sliding compound mitre saw, very good with soft start and braked blade when finished cutting, plenty of choice in blades depending on what you are cutting, hard / soft woods, worktops also aluminium etc. And not to heavy to move around.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have the Evolution Rage 3-S+. Paid £99 for it and it has been excellent.
Wood cut nice and neat, aluminium it goes through like it is wood.
I Also cut come lengths of Steel angle which was 50mm x 50m and 5mm thick, same blade no problems.

I also bought the extending stand which was amazingly well constructed for only £50.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
screwfix were originally a private company based in yeovil i was dealing with them probably 40 years ago all mail order
and when the two guys who founded Screwfix sold out to Kingfisher Group (B&Q) one of them went on to set-up Toolstation after the contractual agreed timeframe of around four years. Then sold out to Travis Perkins Group.

Wonder if his next venture will be named ScrewStation?:unsure::whistle2::getmecoat:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back