Mitchelin Agilis Camping Tyre Pressures - The Facts (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Which will always be 80psi rear and usually 65psi fronts from Michelin irrespective of axle loads
Except for Carthago which list pressures of less than 80psi for Michelin tyres on their vehicles. At least someone knows that 80 psi can not be a sensible pressure for all axle loads, even with Michelin tyres.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Administrator.Technical@conti.de
Give them the axle weights and tyres. They will happily tell you the recommended pressures.
All the technical information including pressures is here, Page 87 is the pressure chart for 225 75 16 121 rated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Do not understand why folk keep posting info about Continental tyres when the OP is asking about another brand. Apart from being black and round they are different tyres, I feel it is dangerous to use the advice of one manufacturer against another. Unless of course the person answering has genuine qualified information which they should back up, not just a feeling the ride was better.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Except for Carthago which list pressures of less than 80psi for Michelin tyres on their vehicles. At least someone knows that 80 psi can not be a sensible pressure for all axle loads, even with Michelin tyres.
On the fuel flap of my friends Carthago fitted with Michelin CP's.

IMG_20201208_180527.jpg

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I find it best to go by the manufacturers recommendations, they spend a lot of time testing their products, then if you have problems they can't say you have been running under / over inflated tyres. 🙂
Lenny HB likes his Toyo yet we had them on a motorhome in 2009 and after 18 months the inside wall was breaking down, I felt at the time they was under inflated, anyway changed them before they went bang for Michelin. 🙂

Maybe I'm a Michelin lover, I've had Continental and yes a good tyre, but having run my own trucks and trailers for 18 years, we have spent a fortune on tyres. 🙄

I had a set of Pirelli tyres on the drive axle fitted in Norfolk, went to Elgin Scotland when I returned home one of tyres was bald, first I thought they must have sold me remould, but no they were new, contacted Pirelli tyres factory in Harlow being not far from where we lived, went up there, they removed the tyre and all these technicians in white coats studied and measured and could not work it out, they fitted another and I had to keep an eye on it, and go back after a month for them to check, all was OK but I would never buy another. 🙂
I am am no professional and think the mix was wrong, because you noticed the difference in tyres when you recut the tread, and I can assure you you knew when you cut a Michelin. 😁

Doesn't matter what you use , if your happy with them that's all that matters, it's only a bad experience that changes your opinion. 🤔 Bob.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
and use axle stands to avoid tyre contact with cold winter surfaces (concrete, stone etc)
So I take it that Michelin CP tyres are unsuitable for use in winter, even when stationary. Just as welI I bought some proper all-season tyres.

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
So I take it that Michelin CP tyres are unsuitable for use in winter, even when stationary. Just as welI bought some proper all-season tyres.
😉 Our seasons are different, :sun: :cool: we don't have winter so they are not needed. :Eeek: :rofl: Bob

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Michelin camping aglis fitted to my van 3 years ago. Got a warning about them this year on the MOT, and that’s after swapping them around a year before. Terrible grip, hard ride, poor wear rate. Won’t buy again.

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Adria (Axess 670sl) on Continental 225 75 16 116 . The book states 5.5 bar at each corner. Tyresafe states as follows......
I still have them as the handbook but, I am going to try as below.
Stay safe and happy all 👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201210-190207_OneNote.jpg
    Screenshot_20201210-190207_OneNote.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 22

jamie70

Free Member
Dec 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2017
My oh my, how many forums have I read lately regarding tyre pressures, load ratings and the rest.
I am going away next week from the UK for Christmas to visit the in-laws in Czech and they and Germany demand 3PMSF rated tyres. So my brand new 70 plate hobby that has done 545 miles had it's 225 75 r16 116 Q CP Agilis Camping tyres removed and after much research I get Agilis CrossClimate 118R C of the same size and inflated them to the manufactures recommendations for C tyres that Hobby supplied in the manual, 70psi rear and 65psi fronts.

First trip out to check all was ok with them and 10 minutes in.... PING!!! TPMS comes on complaining about the front 2 tyres only. As it's a Citroen base there is no way to alter the settings without updating the thresholds in the ECU which I and a tyre fitter acquaintance even with a Schrader TPMS management / reset tool couldn't for the first time ever do!!

I bought the CrossClimate as I believed that there were no CP all-weather tyres out there to then this evening come across the Continental Vancontact Camper All Weather CP tyre. How if I purchased that and ran it at 80psi my life would have been so much easier.

My issue is that I really don't know what to do. The Hobby manual lists C "Standard / Winter" rated tyres as an option and I have been pressing my dealer to get a comment on what I can do about the TPMS warning light/message when running at the recommended pressures but nothing has coma back as yet.

The pressure though on the cab sticker just lists 80 front and 80 rear and nothing about CP or C. It just refers to the 225 75 r16 as the size.

My Uncle is an engineer for Spinneys in Flint and he says they always set up C tyres on all motorhomes of that size as 70 front and 70 rear but even that didn't clear the messages.

I am stumped.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
My oh my, how many forums have I read lately regarding tyre pressures, load ratings and the rest.
I am going away next week from the UK for Christmas to visit the in-laws in Czech and they and Germany demand 3PMSF rated tyres. So my brand new 70 plate hobby that has done 545 miles had it's 225 75 r16 116 Q CP Agilis Camping tyres removed and after much research I get Agilis CrossClimate 118R C of the same size and inflated them to the manufactures recommendations for C tyres that Hobby supplied in the manual, 70psi rear and 65psi fronts.

First trip out to check all was ok with them and 10 minutes in.... PING!!! TPMS comes on complaining about the front 2 tyres only. As it's a Citroen base there is no way to alter the settings without updating the thresholds in the ECU which I and a tyre fitter acquaintance even with a Schrader TPMS management / reset tool couldn't for the first time ever do!!

I bought the CrossClimate as I believed that there were no CP all-weather tyres out there to then this evening come across the Continental Vancontact Camper All Weather CP tyre. How if I purchased that and ran it at 80psi my life would have been so much easier.

My issue is that I really don't know what to do. The Hobby manual lists C "Standard / Winter" rated tyres as an option and I have been pressing my dealer to get a comment on what I can do about the TPMS warning light/message when running at the recommended pressures but nothing has coma back as yet.

The pressure though on the cab sticker just lists 80 front and 80 rear and nothing about CP or C. It just refers to the 225 75 r16 as the size.

My Uncle is an engineer for Spinneys in Flint and he says they always set up C tyres on all motorhomes of that size as 70 front and 70 rear but even that didn't clear the messages.

I am stumped.
They seem to be installing TPMS that the customer can't reset these days which to me is pretty stupid, I am at present going through the same scenario with our IVECO dealer, I suggest that you contact your Citroen dealer and see what they say.

Martin

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Main dealer can reset it, charges vary some people have been charged over 200 quid at Fiat dealers so ring round a few dealers.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
A TPMS that can not be reset by the user is a crazy idea. Our car has a factory fitted system but there is a reset procedure, a bit convoluted but something I do from time to time.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
A TPMS that can not be reset by the user is a crazy idea. Our car has a factory fitted system but there is a reset procedure, a bit convoluted but something I do from time to time.
Correct (y) but they seem to be getting more prevalent.

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
I prefer to listen to the manufacturers advice,,that way God forbid if anything happened,the insurance company can’t find another way to wriggle out of a claim,,just my view,,(y)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I have been specifying tyres for cars, commercial vehicles And light trucks for over 30 years.

If like the OP your happy with Michelin CP tyres, that’s good.

BUT!

How can Michelin suggest that all motorhomes should have Camper or CP tyres when they don’t make them in all motorhome tyre sizes.

Also, The Michelin CP or camper tyre is a summer tyre with M+S rating. So, might be okay in mud and snow. There original CP tyre struggled on damp tarmac.

Michelin do not make a CP specific Winter tyre. so how do you go on then?.

The answers.

If you want stronger sidewalls, try to buy 10 ply commercial van tyres. If you want To be legal in many European countries in winter, buy winter tyres, 10 ply if you can get them.

If you want higher pressures and your Tyres can take them, get high pressure valves fitted.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
I prefer to listen to the manufacturers advice,,that way God forbid if anything happened,the insurance company can’t find another way to wriggle out of a claim,,just my view,,(y)
That is exactly why I will never have Michelin CP tyres, ever.
I prefer Continental who give good all round advice plus a full tyre pressure chart that covers every one of their tyre sizes/weights.
If anyone has Michelin CP already fitted, they stuck, sooner they wear out the better.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
For those who have the Michellin Agillis Cross Climate tyres, what pressures do you run them at?
Ta

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back