Misty windows (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2014
Medway, Kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi all, sorry if this has been raised before but I can't find any threads other than those related the s***e windows 8. My Knaus has one window that has misted up between the panes. Not sure how to remedy this so I'm hoping someone can assist.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Used to happen now and again in our caravan. It you just leave it it should clear itself.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Glass windows or plastic, if plastic there is sometimes a little bung that will let them vent.

If glass they need splitting and remaking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

arao99

Free Member
Feb 3, 2012
west midlands
Funster No
MH
dont own
Exp
May 2012
When my plastic windows misted up the dealer and the van manufacturer told me that it was quite normal and the damp would go away in normal use , and it did . I did not take the bungs out and the windows dryed out .

OP
OP
smithy184
Jan 11, 2014
Medway, Kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Glass windows or plastic, if plastic there is sometimes a little bung that will let them vent.

If glass they need splitting and remaking.
Pastic. Will have a look for bungs as it seems to be getting worse. Thanks to all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
If you are going to remove the bungs be very very very careful as the outer lip on them can become detached and the remainder can fall in between the panes when you fiddle about trying to get it out. No chance of then getting it out!
It's generally a result of some condensation forming in the window after a cold spell. Wait on it warming up and it'll disappear.
I urge patience and caution.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back