Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi Funsters,

Once again I would like to thank you all for helping to make this rally what it was, and despite having to erect the marquee kindly donated by Phil the site owner ( the donations from funsters raised £62 which the site owners have given to their own charities), we soon had the rally up and running including shirl & myself who must have run a marathon up and down the field despite me suffering from a pain in my leg (not my a...e) that's Mick :rofl:.

I would mainly like to give my undying thanks to my team of helpers who gave their all in making this a great rally, you know who you are but here goes in no particular order, Val & Rob, Andrea & Jeff, Nikki & Shaun, Ken & Lynda, Amanda & Dave and not least of all Shirl and Andy, not forgetting Harley Mick. Thanks also to Pete & Elaine for giving funsters rides on the trike, and Jane & Graham for helping out Monday morning taking down the remaining shelters and washing up.

Chris & Phil were left with a very clean site despite having 68 units being on there some for quite a few days, and also for the fantastic performance by Catch 22 (oops sorry) Catch 23 who I am assured by Phil had a great time. On the Sunday afternoon after the rally was over, the remaining funsters gradually assembled in the Red Hart in the village and proceeded to drink the pub dry of real ales and then had an impromptu dance in the pub, one funster in particular arriving back at the site in a bit of a state. The evening was spent in the remaining shelters which we had, with entertainment provided by Simon (Dabhand), assisted by Ken on percussion & vocals along with Toledo and Lynda. We had a surprise visitor at around 11.00 pm Tom from Catch 23 who didn't want to miss the FUN and took up the guitar to accompany the vocalists.

I will post the actual amount raised for HELP THE HEROES when I have counted it.

Monday the rest of the funsters departed and everyone had a safe journey home.

We certainly know how to party oup North tha noos. :party2::cheers::drink::wine::party2:

Many thanks again xxxx

Sheila & Mick aka Runrig and Shirl & Andy aka Shirlandy
:h: :lips:

PS. Also a thank you to Dux Deluxe for trying to get the shelters from Bagwell but someone had removed them so he left empty handed.

OP
OP
runrig

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Sorry I am a bit mutt & geff & blind and suffer from altzhiemers xx :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
image.jpg

Apr 19, 2009
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
A Big thank you again to our special friends,Mick and Sheila for putting on the best rally ever,giving us some lovely memories (apart from the ones Andy cannot remember).Thanks to everyone who helped especially Val and Rob,Jeff and Andrea,Nicki and Shaun,Ken and Lynda,Dave and Amanda(also for looking after Shirl on the dog walk).
Thanks also to Pete and Elaine for letting me ride the trike it was brilliiant.(shirl still says i cant have one).
An enormous thank you to all the funsters who attended,for the laughter and fun.without you all it could not happen.
Take care all and happy travels.
regards Andy and Shirley.(Shirlandy).

s

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back