Missing Digi Channels? How to retrieve! (1 Viewer)

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
The recent retune of Freeview digi boxes was a national disaster with thousands of people 'losing' certain channels they previously had. I was one of those people. The channel I lost was ITV4 which I did like to watch. I'm not in a cable area so rely on normal TV aerial/s.

It's bugged me ever since as to how I could get ITV4 back......then I hit on a bright idea!

I have two aerials fitted, one pointing north to Granada, the other south to Sutton Coldfield. Normally I use the Sutton Coldfield transmitter but last night I decided to try swapping the aerials over, plugged in to Granada, then retuned my Freeview box.

Not only am I now receiving ITV4 but a number of other channels I had never seen before!

So for those who have 'lost' certain channels, it may be worth looking at the possibility of moving your television aerial to another transmitter.

solitaire woman

Free Member
Apr 27, 2008
Funster No
I only have indoor ariels for all my upstairs tv's and they all work fine with my freeview boxes.. We re-tuned them last week and fortunately didn't loose any channels and even managed to get a few others. Surprisingly the best ariel of them all was a real cheapo at £1.99!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
use an antenna splitter and connect both then do a fresh channel search it will find both lots.

OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
use an antenna splitter and connect both then do a fresh channel search it will find both lots.
Afraid not!

Once you have tuned your freeview box into the frequencies from one aerial, it's not simply going to 'discover' those off another aerial. If you change to another aerial or move it toward another transmitter, then you must retune and set the digi box again.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
On retuning I actually got more channels. As we are in Scotland close to the border we get both N England & Scotland TV stations, so I guess it depends where you live.

Previously we always watched N W tv but now we get all of the channels so I guess that's why they had a retuned. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
Keith do you no if the change over as made any difference up north were tv was very poor :Eeek:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Keith do you no if the change over as made any difference up north were tv was very poor :Eeek:

No idea. In the borders we were the first region to change over so maybe they didn't get it completely right first time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back