Missing Children in Ellis Autoquest.. (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
Have copied and pasted from FB

UPDATE - STILL MISSING!!!! 14/08/17 @ 12:25PM

POLICE NOW DEALING WITH ALL MEDIA - REFER TO POLICE SCOTLAND FOR FURTHER INFO

**MISSING CHILDREN**

PLEASE SHARE!

My two daughters Grace McKinney (8) and Kara McKinney (5) have been missing since Thursday morning. Were visiting their father for a week but they have all disappeared, seen leaving his flat in Alyth early Thursday morning. Travelling in an Elddis Autoquest campervan which is creamy/green in colour, very old and rough looking, reg H36 PBO. They will be with their father Michael McKinney (5'10, grey hair worn in a top knot with shaven sides and a goatee) and his Czech girlfriend Martina (5'5 with shoulder length dark brown hair and heavy build) and also her three year old boy Woody who has blonde hair. They will also have a white staffy dog with them. If you have any information please let us know. Police are treating the children as HIGHLY VULNERABLE missing persons. Please call police on 101 if you have any relevant information.

I have an incident number which you can find on the Tayside Police page along with an appeal for information on the girls whereabouts. If you have no help to offer i.e sharing then do not comment. Thank you.

Apr 5, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbies
This is all over facebook. Dad seems to have gone about this all wrong, no matter the reasons.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
It's positive news that there's a girlfriend and another child--- chances are much higher they will all be safe.
As police gave the reg number and they have a lot of details that make them more noticeable as a group, they should, hopefully, be spotted soon.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
If they were visiting their father for a week then there is, one would assume, no problems about care issues.... so what's the difference then that of a mother taking her kids away on holiday...?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
How can they be missing when they know there with the father...?

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
According to Facebook 12.45 today spotted in Edinburgh heading towards Fife.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Taken from another site.
"The Motorhome in the picture below is being sought in connection with 2 missing children.
The vehicle was last seen on Thursday 10th Aug on ferry to Larne, Northern Ireland.
The Police would appreciate any info on its where-abouts via their 101 telephone number.
Elldis reg no.H36PBO
I appreciate this is a sensitive subject as the children appear to be with their father; the circumstances are such that Tayside Police are legitimately involved.
I feel I need add no more."
20729284_1686007204756699_6291909083848591187_n.jpg

TNX

Last edited:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
If they were visiting their father for a week then there is, one would assume, no problems about care issues.... so what's the difference then that of a mother taking her kids away on holiday...?

It would be what used to be a custody matter.
One parent has prime residency of the children ( I.e used to be one parent had custody) Children can stay with, holiday with other parent but both parents agree the dates and children should be returned as agreed.
Unfortunately parents can decide to use the children as pawns in a disagreement, as @jockaneezer says. There's also the risk ( lessened in this case as there's a girl friend and her child) of punishing the mother. It's rare but where a parent feels he has nothing to lose ( afraid it's nearly always the father) he may kill himself and children to punish the mother.
It's rare, usually where a father has no significant other, possibly no job, money problems , but the police will be aware of it and want to know the kids are safe.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I saw this and posted at the same time as others,this does resonate with me as my wifes cousin lost her children to her ex husband who absconded with them overseas. He told the kids,after a few years that their mother had died and then he remarried-Tw*t

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
It would be what used to be a custody matter.
One parent has prime residency of the children ( I.e used to be one parent had custody) Children can stay with, holiday with other parent but both parents agree the dates and children should be returned as agreed.
Unfortunately parents can decide to use the children as pawns in a disagreement, as @jockaneezer says. There's also the risk ( lessened in this case as there's a girl friend and her child) of punishing the mother. It's rare but where a parent feels he has nothing to lose ( afraid it's nearly always the father) he may kill himself and children to punish the mother.
It's rare, usually where a father has no significant other, possibly no job, money problems , but the police will be aware of it and want to know the kids are safe.

I see where your coming from buts that's the extreme scenario, I bet the mother doesn't tell the father where and when she takes the kids...

As always there Will be more to this then meets the headlines and the police only want to confirm the kids are ok, not to arrest the father because it appears he has done nothing wrong.

I suspect the mother doesn't like the kids being part of a new family that she is not part of...... in other words, Jealousy,...

But time will tell...

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Not wanting to go into to much detail on an open forum but we are ourselves going through a similar problem with my daughter and soon to be ex SIL. We had to put in place another family member from SIL side as we where concerned about any possible problem that may or my not have happened here. This has just happened this last weekend and believe me it's not something I want to keep going through as I'm the one dropping the grandkids off. As always there are two sides to each story but for me, I'm just concerned for our grandkids. Really feel for both side in this an hope for a satisfactory conclusion.
Ray

Apr 5, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbies
Update on the 2 little girls that was posted throughout the day. They have been found safe and well in Larne and are now with police there

As mostl men guessed it would end. Most women were thinking murder/death/suicide

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Glad they're ok.
Difficult situation for children if mum and dad aren't seeing eye to eye ( I was divorced when my kids were small)
And who knows what the reason was in this case .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I see where your coming from buts that's the extreme scenario, I bet the mother doesn't tell the father where and when she takes the kids...
If she has prime residency for the kids then I don't think she has to, if the ex-husband wanted to take them out of the country, he would need to get her agreement, just because he's the father doesn't mean he can do what he likes, you may not like it, but it's true. It may be that there was a real 'threat' that he'd take them abroad (ie CZ where his girlfriend is from) and he may have said this in the past, even so, they've been found in Ireland but I don't believe he had told his ex-wife he was going to do this, hence the concern.

Pleased they're safe and hopefully okay ... perhaps it might make the father think twice in the future about 'communicating' more clearly!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
If she has prime residency for the kids then I don't think she has to, if the ex-husband wanted to take them out of the country, he would need to get her agreement, just because he's the father doesn't mean he can do what he likes, you may not like it, but it's true. It may be that there was a real 'threat' that he'd take them abroad (ie CZ where his girlfriend is from) and he may have said this in the past, even so, they've been found in Ireland but I don't believe he had told his ex-wife he was going to do this, hence the concern.

Pleased they're safe and hopefully okay ... perhaps it might make the father think twice in the future about 'communicating' more clearly!
Not challenging what you're saying but Larne is in UK therefore, technically, not out of the country.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Three sides to every story (at least) but it is the children that matter.

I hope someone has taken the time to explain to them (in a way they can understand) that what is happening impacts them but is in no way their fault. Children do tend to blame themselves for things they have no control over.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back