Missed me? Or not noticed I'd been absent? (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
This laundry shoot you have fitted, is it like the toilets on the old trains where when flushed they left the contents along the railway tracks ? So do you only use the laundry shoot when driving thus leaving a trail of unwashed clothes in your wake ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Very quiet around here, excellent, I was having a snooze and the Very old-mo Type FellaPerson rocks up with one of his, cough, cough, jokes. Bloody hell, no rest for the wicked. (n)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Soooo peaceful not seeing ‘ can’t help but good luck, someone will be along soon’
:imoutahere:
That’s nice
Enjoy
............:boxing::lips:

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
Thought you’d been sent/gone to Coventry. Surely not.........:LOL::LOL::LOL:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Minxy Girl How far you going ?
Back early October, we had thought of doing 60 days but seeing as it's probably going to be getting a bit chilly by then and I don't 'do cold' :confused: with the nights drawing in as well we thought we'd just do 45 days instead ... it'll make my 93 year old Mum happy too as she doesn't like it when I'm away! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This laundry shoot you have fitted, is it like the toilets on the old trains where when flushed they left the contents along the railway tracks ? So do you only use the laundry shoot when driving thus leaving a trail of unwashed clothes in your wake ?
... I might just as well throw them in the bin in that case and not bothered making a shoot in the first place ... more importantly it would have meant cutting a hole in the floor of the camper! :eek: Now as for the loo 'waste' and dribbling grey waste ... :whistle:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I know you all love me really! :D

I'll put some photos on when I've had a play with my camera and phone and taken them off.

Last night we spent at Neuberg a.d. Donau - lovely spot near to the river across from the town, ideal if you want to go canoeing/kayaking as easy access and a bit of a 'beach' for the dogs etc, will certainly stop there again. The weather was already overcast and a bit chilly this morning but we gave the dogs a good run and collected some apples as the trees lining the path were dripping with them with loads on the floor just going to waste. We had a nice wander round Neuberg with lovely stucco fronted painted houses, unfortunately it started to rain just before lunch so we reluctantly decided to move on. We popped into Langeshut, a largish town with 2 lovely long pedestrian streets with lots of pretty coloured houses and the largest church steeping built of brick (in that design) in the world ... by heck it was a whopper! We were naughty though ... we just couldn't resist popping into McDonalds to sample one of the Sundaes that were on offer for €1 ... absolutely scrummy ... will certainly have to sample the other flavours they do just to make sure they re all as nice. :D2

We're now at Dingolfing for the night where I found a plum tree at the side of the raised car park area so have managed to hoik some down with the awning winder. (y) It will be interesting to see how many types of fruit, nuts, veg we collect by the end of our travels.:LOL:

Oh, a word of warning for anyone coming this way ... there are LOTS and LOTS of roadworks, diversions, closures, you name it ... yesterday we had loads and we've had a few today too ... absolute pain in the bum ... so make sure you allow for them if you're in a hurry to get anywhere as even the motorways are affected.

Gonna have to go now, hubby's cooking tea - bacon chop, egg and chips ... mmmmmm .... yummy! :p

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Hi Mel,

What Tyre pressure's did you settle on, will be visiting the local weigh bridge when fully loaded before setting off shortly.

Enjoy your trip, and the new van, we are now booked to cross the water on 5 September, for a couple of months, looking forward to it, now the child minding is about to finish.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Enjoyed reading both your posts Minxy Girl ... keep me going whilst we wait for our long overdue Campscout to be ready :cautious:. Hope you have a great trip ... I need to go and reread what you did with your laundry chute and your rear step :LOL:!

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Hi Mel,

What Tyre pressure's did you settle on, will be visiting the local weigh bridge when fully loaded before setting off shortly.

Enjoy your trip, and the new van, we are now booked to cross the water on 5 September, for a couple of months, looking forward to it, now the child minding is about to finish.
We have put 4.5 bar (approx 65 psi) in the front, and the rear has 4.8 bar (approx 70 psi) and that seems to be just about right with the amount of weight we have in. Hubby says it drives lovely so that's good enough for me as he soon whinges if things aren't to his liking! :D

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We're still at Dingolfing ... yesterday we saw some signs for a 'flou markt' on the way here and managed to find it this morning so spent over 2 hours pottering round ... got an inflatable 'cruiseboat', which can be used as a flat sit on top kayak, a paddle board (ie you stand up on it), or even for riding over the surf on, as it came with the paddles we thought it might be fun for playing about in the water with the dogs, rather than risk spoiling my Gumotex kayak. :) We also got a nice cycle rear rack box made by Keter, with locking lid and can be quickly attached and removed, should fit nicely on the back of hubby's Brompton. What else ... oh, a nice pair of slip-on shoes with sparkly bits on (for me of course), a faux fur hat, and other odds and sods, but another good buy was as set of ice-lolly makers, they are 'tube' shaped with sealing bungs and due to the shape we should be able to fit a couple of them in the freezer without a problem and make our own ice-lollies whenever we want. (y)

The weather was gorgeous so rather than travel on we decided to come back to the nice parking area and sit out for the afternoon and let the dogs enjoy running around on the grassy bank behind us ... it was lovely having a nice warm sunny day after the rain and cooler days we've had up until now and we were in no rush to go anywhere particularly today. Dogs roasted themselves in the sun then skulked off to cooler areas to chill, then repeat the roasting again ... daft things.:D We put the awning out a little bit to give some shade and I decided to try the 'foot clamps' that I'd bought ... I put some old cycle inner tube over the feet first to ensure the side of the van didn't get accidentally scratched and also give the feet some 'grip' ... they worked a treat! Even when we got some gusts of wind they awning didn't move at all, well pleased with them.

awning suckers 1.JPG
awning suckers 2.JPG
awning suckers 3.JPG

We also had good shuftie at the cruiseboard and pumped it up which was easy-peasy and Lily decided she liked it and laid on it straight away ... hopefully a good sign! Getting the blooming thing deflated was a nightmare though ... no matter how much we squished it, rolled it, folded it etc we could NOT get all the air out ... we tried all sorts, even sucking it out with the pump ... eventually we managed to get most of it out so we could put it away - I assume there's a 'knack' so will have to research it on-line as there must be a way of getting it totally deflated ... maybe that's why the seller had only used it once! :rolleyes:

I've been having a quick shuftie at some of the photos I've taken of where we've been and thought you'd like these from Givet for now ... :)

givet - orange.JPG
givet - pink.JPG
givet - red.JPG

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
We have put 4.5 bar (approx 65 psi) in the front, and the rear has 4.8 bar (approx 70 psi) and that seems to be just about right with the amount of weight we have in. Hubby says it drives lovely so that's good enough for me as he soon whinges if things aren't to his liking! :D

Thanks for that Mel, were running at same just now, but not fully loaded, and its a bit lumpy, will call in at weigh bridge once fully loaded, and check out the schedule, with those pressures in mind.

Like the images, great.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back