Missed me? Or not noticed I'd been absent? (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I forgot to put a posting on to say farewell to you all before we left on holiday for 6 weeks ... oops!

We left home on Tuesday morning and made good time arriving at Eurotunnel in 5 hours, including a lunch stop, the quickest we've ever done it and we weren't thrashing the camper either ... no hold-ups, nothing at all to slow us down ... not even the ubiquitous tractor on the A15 ... it makes up for the horrendous return home at the end of our last holiday!

Tuesday night we stopped in France at Bergues, near the ramparts, a lovely spot, near the village allotments with lots of walks and easy access to the village for a potter. Next headed for another aire en-route in Belgium but there was a massive traffic jam on the motorway (I managed to decipher from the French radio traffic broadcast that it was adding at least 30 minutes extra to the usual journey time on that stretch) so we detoured slightly south and ended up at Givet in France next to the Meuse looking across to the town - a lovely place and the tour and ramparts/citadel were lit up with colour changing lights which made them look very magical.

It's been a very, very hot day, 32 degrees today whilst travelling and the air con has been working hard, don't know what we'd do without it! Tonight we are at Lemberg in Germany next to a small lake and grass area where we sat out in the shade of a tree but about 4 hours ago it started to rain on and off with some thunder rumbling ... fortunately it stopped for a while and we managed to get the dogs out for a walk, but about 2 hours ago it started absolutely hissing it down and looks set-in for a night of thundering and lightening ... poor Lily is doing a quivering jelly impressing! :( Oh well, at least it's cooled it down and hopefully tomorrow will be another lovely day.

The camper is running a treat and tramping without any issues at all, hubby says he can already feel it loosening up a bit and it's only got 1,400 miles on so far! :) The layout is great and despite the smaller lounge area it is working well for us ... the dogs LOVE the large rear bed area and as they can get up/down the steps easily we can't keep them off ... not that we want to! :D2 Its great not having to remember to put the fridge on/off gas when we stop/start travelling and not having to remember to make sure the swivel table is secure as we did with the last one (it's a standard wall-mounted on in this camper). The laundry shoot works well and changing the rear step so it goes the full depth to the floor is one of the best adaptations I've made ... perfect for keeping the bottles, cans etc secure and cool ... it would make an excellent 'wine cellar' for those who like a bit of vino collipso! :LOL: Putting the dog gate on the other way round also works better and the extra lights and sockets are getting used already.

The main difficulty when preparing the camper for the holiday was working out where best to store stuff with having less locker space in the central area of the camper compared to the last one, but I think I've got it pretty much cracked ... no doubt there'll be a few re-jigs whilst we're away until we're totally happy with it all but so far so good.

A couple of mishaps so far ... hubby decided to knock his morning cuppa partly over his bed yesterday morning, fortunately it was cleaned-up and the duvet and sheets dried quickly due to the warm temperatures, then this morning he decided to drop my container of 300 Canderel sweeteners into my tea ... he managed to rescue it before it 'sank' so not too many of them went soggy so I still have enough for my 'life blood' cuppas! :giggle: I'm dreading what the third thing is gonna be though! :eek:

Well, off to bed now ... it's been a long few days with all the travelling and the bed is very, very inviting! I'll try to log on every few days to see if you lot are behaving :D ... if anyone wants me just tag me in the appropriate thread so I get a notification and will try to respond as soon as I can.

:lips:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Wat up been missing, didn't notice a thing:whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thought it had been peaceful :ROFLMAO:

Less words and more photos would make easier reading.
Stopped at Bergues on our way home in July, parked next to Busby, nice stop but it was so dusty as it had been so dry.
Stopped at Givet for a couple of nights last year, Thursday night disco across the river was a bit loud.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Did wonder on odd occasions, but to be honest I have enough trouble keeping track of what time of the day it is or even what day for that matter. Just presumed I wasn't reading the threads you were active on :p Good to have you back though :D

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Truth be told I never noticed but seems you are a sensitive type,so now I know you are away. Not that that usually stops you. :p

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Who is this?

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@Minxy Girl - Ignore all the barbs Mel - I enjoyed the opening post. I often wish I had your skills and determination when it comes to fettling!! Or to be honest I wish I lived nearer to you so that you could show me how to!!!

Have a great holiday - don’t let hubby touch anything else!!! Lol

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
Oh yeah, come back after all that while and start posting as if nothing has happened. We've all been sick with worry thinking you and Wild Bill had gone off together and then you just coming swanning back in. I think a bigger apology is called for. Good to have you back.

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Always read all your post. Have a great time keep posting (y)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
You enjoy the holiday and don’t worry about us!!!:D

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I remember you posting that you were going away , but not when.
I read it , it would be rude not to ;)
Glad your Mods are working as well as you thought.
Have a great time Minxy , hubby and dogs.
( I agree , It would be nice to see some pictures of your travels though(y))

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I forgot to put a posting on to say farewell to you all before we left on holiday for 6 weeks ... oops!

We left home on Tuesday morning and made good time arriving at Eurotunnel in 5 hours, including a lunch stop, the quickest we've ever done it and we weren't thrashing the camper either ... no hold-ups, nothing at all to slow us down ... not even the ubiquitous tractor on the A15 ... it makes up for the horrendous return home at the end of our last holiday!

Tuesday night we stopped in France at Bergues, near the ramparts, a lovely spot, near the village allotments with lots of walks and easy access to the village for a potter. Next headed for another aire en-route in Belgium but there was a massive traffic jam on the motorway (I managed to decipher from the French radio traffic broadcast that it was adding at least 30 minutes extra to the usual journey time on that stretch) so we detoured slightly south and ended up at Givet in France next to the Meuse looking across to the town - a lovely place and the tour and ramparts/citadel were lit up with colour changing lights which made them look very magical.

It's been a very, very hot day, 32 degrees today whilst travelling and the air con has been working hard, don't know what we'd do without it! Tonight we are at Lemberg in Germany next to a small lake and grass area where we sat out in the shade of a tree but about 4 hours ago it started to rain on and off with some thunder rumbling ... fortunately it stopped for a while and we managed to get the dogs out for a walk, but about 2 hours ago it started absolutely hissing it down and looks set-in for a night of thundering and lightening ... poor Lily is doing a quivering jelly impressing! :( Oh well, at least it's cooled it down and hopefully tomorrow will be another lovely day.

The camper is running a treat and tramping without any issues at all, hubby says he can already feel it loosening up a bit and it's only got 1,400 miles on so far! :) The layout is great and despite the smaller lounge area it is working well for us ... the dogs LOVE the large rear bed area and as they can get up/down the steps easily we can't keep them off ... not that we want to! :D2 Its great not having to remember to put the fridge on/off gas when we stop/start travelling and not having to remember to make sure the swivel table is secure as we did with the last one (it's a standard wall-mounted on in this camper). The laundry shoot works well and changing the rear step so it goes the full depth to the floor is one of the best adaptations I've made ... perfect for keeping the bottles, cans etc secure and cool ... it would make an excellent 'wine cellar' for those who like a bit of vino collipso! :LOL: Putting the dog gate on the other way round also works better and the extra lights and sockets are getting used already.

The main difficulty when preparing the camper for the holiday was working out where best to store stuff with having less locker space in the central area of the camper compared to the last one, but I think I've got it pretty much cracked ... no doubt there'll be a few re-jigs whilst we're away until we're totally happy with it all but so far so good.

A couple of mishaps so far ... hubby decided to knock his morning cuppa partly over his bed yesterday morning, fortunately it was cleaned-up and the duvet and sheets dried quickly due to the warm temperatures, then this morning he decided to drop my container of 300 Canderel sweeteners into my tea ... he managed to rescue it before it 'sank' so not too many of them went soggy so I still have enough for my 'life blood' cuppas! :giggle: I'm dreading what the third thing is gonna be though! :eek:

Well, off to bed now ... it's been a long few days with all the travelling and the bed is very, very inviting! I'll try to log on every few days to see if you lot are behaving :D ... if anyone wants me just tag me in the appropriate thread so I get a notification and will try to respond as soon as I can.

:lips:
I liked the blog except for the bit about dogs on your bed, even sweetened with massive canderel.
Have a great time.
We are off to Spain/Portugal for 5 weeks 3rd Sept, no dogs though, just bottles of wine on our bed.
Phil

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I read your opening post(y), enjoy your travels, photos would be good.:)

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
You've probably done the right thing by NOT telling us you were going away.... You never know who may be reading this and knows where you live. (not funsters, obviously!)
Cheers, Dave(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back