South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Just a minute :whatthe:

That means us already signed up members are missing out. :Sad:

We have paid a full tenner and we don't get a pint.
Newbies get membership for less than a tenner AND a pint. :Doh:

maybe you can put in a retrospective claim for consideration by our life members:ROFLMAO:

anyway, most current members have had more than a few pints worth....:Blush:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Don't waste the beer on the life members - they don't need [STRIKE]bribing[/STRIKE] sweetening to stay........

Waste it on us instead:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
When we were at Devon Cliffs someone saw the Funster Sticker in the Windscreen and asked if we were a "M/Home swingers club":roflmto::roflmto:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
When we were at Devon Cliffs someone saw the Funster Sticker in the Windscreen and asked if we were a "M/Home swingers club":roflmto::roflmto:

Are you sure it was the sticker or did you forget to do up your flies again?::bigsmile:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I don't care to be honest. People can be miserable, ignorant, pleasant, shy, entertaining, etc etc.... what does annoy me which I have seen are the horrible sods who totally ignore little Katy when she holds out a flyer to them with a lovely smile on her face.:Angry: I fell like tripping them up:Angry:

Hmmm......you know, it might just work...

Attachments

• miserablesign_kicking.jpg
    miserablesign_kicking.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 61

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
On a serious note, if you watch the body language of visitors at shows, many will hover on the periphery of a stand or look from a distance. Once a few people break into the invisible 'sphere' around the stand, they will move in and join the 'crowd' because they feel safer about not being pounced upon or embarrassed. They will then stand at the back happy to just ear-wig. This psychology applies to any such gathering. Just watch what happens in your local market.

Many visitors are not seasoned motorhomers, indeed they are often new to the game or thinking about the getting an MH. Personally, I wouldn't advertise the fact that we have miserable gits in out midst. A potential buyer may worry in case he spends a King's ransom, only to be on a site with one of these misogs.

If folk at shows have to a ask 'what it's all about', then we aren't conveying the right message!

We are lucky on here because we aren't face to face and one can 'ease' themselves into the forums, gain confidence, learn and yes, have a chuckle BUT for me, the attraction isn't Fun. It is camaraderie, learning the ropes, getting advice, knowing that someone's done it before, or has in-depth technical know-how.

"Join us and Save your £10 annual subs in one week" would be a more apt sign and crowd puller!

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
As newbies Jim. Think it's a great idea. At the end of the day the club is as says. Motorhomefun. We are always up for a laugh, cannot be miserable. As they say, "you only live once" it's no good once your in the box saying, I wish I had done this & wish I had done that, it's to late. Also, who wants people saying "what a miserable so & so he/she is". :thumb: :thumb: :thumb::thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
As newbies Jim. Think it's a great idea. At the end of the day the club is as says. Motorhomefun. We are always up for a laugh, cannot be miserable. As they say, "you only live once" it's no good once your in the box saying, I wish I had done this & wish I had done that, it's to late. Also, who wants people saying "what a miserable so & so he/she is". :thumb: :thumb: :thumb::thumb:

I see you are a retired hairdresser.

Have you thought about offering Jim free hairdressing in return for life membership?

You never know..:thumb:::bigsmile:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
And for those that insist on what the 'Fun' thing is; more than once we've, winked then whispered that we're a motorhome Swingers club. :roflmto:

Dont tell me weve been scammed again I HOPE YOUR PAMPAS GRASS WITHERS

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
On a serious note, if you watch the body language of visitors at shows, many will hover on the periphery of a stand or look from a distance. [HI]Once a few people break into the invisible 'sphere' around the stand, they will move in and join the 'crowd' because they feel safer about not being pounced upon or embarrassed. They will then stand at the back happy to just ear-wig. This psychology applies to any such gathering.[/HI] Just watch what happens in your local market.

Many visitors are not seasoned motorhomers, indeed they are often new to the game or thinking about the getting an MH. Personally, I wouldn't advertise the fact that we have miserable gits in out midst. A potential buyer may worry in case he spends a King's ransom, only to be on a site with one of these misogs.

If folk at shows have to a ask 'what it's all about', then we aren't conveying the right message!

We are lucky on here because we aren't face to face and one can 'ease' themselves into the forums, gain confidence, learn and yes, have a chuckle BUT for me, the attraction isn't Fun. It is camaraderie, learning the ropes, getting advice, knowing that someone's done it before, or has in-depth technical know-how.

"Join us and Save your £10 annual subs in one week" would be a more apt sign and crowd puller!

rent a " funster " crowd then charge £10 a pint with free first year membership included:Doh:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Now there's an idea a motorhome swingers club I wonder who'd get Old Mo:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I once went to a wife swapping party and ended up with a microwave I thought it was a good swap but the other guy handed her back :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
You to could always make some into van stickers:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
As I am feeling miserable today :Sad: (and exhausted) :Sad:

Perhaps I will start the

Miserable Motorhoming Club

I could set me stall up next to Jim and Sian and still get free tea and coffee
and good conversation as a funster :thumb::thumb::thumb: Especially as I cannot stay sad for too long at a time. So I better have a supply of strong onions handy too

Perhaps our first trip out will be a SAD adventure on the SAD LINE
(Sandwell and Dudley - National Rail)

Our first motorhome meet will have to be in the cold and wind and rain at Criers Croft on the Isle of Wight followed by one in Rant Meadow in Hemel Hempstead

Thanks for the idea :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I bet I get more members than Jim :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The only people I see with smiling faces at most Shows are stall holders who have just been handed a wad of cash and funsters

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
When me and Siân are manning the Fun stand at shows, it is great fun. A steady stream of funsters stopping by for a coffee and a chat. There is always plenty to talk about, and of course we get to talk to lot's of potential Funsters. Some of those turn up all excited, "there you are, can we join please, so and so's told us all about you"

But that is the high point, it's not all good. there are some miserable motorhomers out there, just try handing out a fun flyer with a smile to some of them. Some people are just so miserable, they won't even return a "Good Morning" it makes you wonder if they ever crack a smile. "What yer sellin" "What's this fun thing then?" "ow much does it cost first"

We do have a giggle, with those keen to know the price or what were selling, Siân normally tells them its only £10.......a month!:ROFLMAO: And for those that insist on what the 'Fun' thing is; more than once we've, winked then whispered that we're a motorhome Swingers club. :roflmto:

The truth is there are a lot of miserable motorhomers out there who really wouldn't enjoy it here. So I'm making up a sign to stand outside the fun trade stand at our up coming shows. What do you think, OK or over the top?::bigsmile:

Shit,,, that's nearly as bad as having an ASBO

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
I like it !

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Not being miserable but I find some of the above posts objectionable.

We are not Old Farts. Old Farts are American.

We are Genuine British Olde Fartes - and Nutters to boot.

Except Rangi who is just a Nutter because he's a colonial.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Not being miserable but I find some of the above posts objectionable.

We are not Old Farts. Old Farts are American.

We are Genuine British Olde Fartes - and Nutters to boot.

Except Rangi who is just a Nutter because he's a colonial.

Which actually brings me onto the subject of the MHF Nutters which has always been an exclusively male domain.

Some of us (Joy - back me up here!) have commented from time to time that this appears to be discrimination - but this fell upon stony ground.

If flippin Gleneagles - an establishment of far longer standing than the Nutters - can change their membership criteria to include females, I see no excuse for the Nutters not to follow suit.

(Although to be fair, what Groucho Marx said ....... )

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
How about a Miserable Gits Section of Motorhome Fun?

Charge £20...

Then if any Funster gets them to change their ways and cheers them up, they win a Fray Bentos Pie... (No Chicken or Kidney)...

JJ :Cool:

What? Do you mean for Man Utd and West Ham Ute fans JJ?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
What a good idea !

I've made these ready for the windows at Peterborough:thumb:
Yes, very good. :thumb: Can I order two, laminated in portrait style please? :roflmto:

In return, you can have my pint, when Jim sets up that membership barrel of ale. :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,

Jock & Rita.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Which actually brings me onto the subject of the MHF Nutters [HI]which has always been an exclusively male domain.[/HI]

Some of us (Joy - back me up here!) have commented from time to time that this appears to be discrimination - but this fell upon stony ground.

If flippin Gleneagles - an establishment of far longer standing than the Nutters - can change their membership criteria to include females, I see no excuse for the Nutters not to follow suit.

Not at all. I'm sure I remember Pamellaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrr and 4 Cups being nominated as Nutters at Lincoln in 2010 ::bigsmile:

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
When me and Siân are manning the Fun stand at shows, it is great fun. A steady stream of funsters stopping by for a coffee and a chat. There is always plenty to talk about, and of course we get to talk to lot's of potential Funsters. Some of those turn up all excited, "there you are, can we join please, so and so's told us all about you"

But that is the high point, it's not all good. there are some miserable motorhomers out there, just try handing out a fun flyer with a smile to some of them. Some people are just so miserable, they won't even return a "Good Morning" it makes you wonder if they ever crack a smile. "What yer sellin" "What's this fun thing then?" "ow much does it cost first"

We do have a giggle, with those keen to know the price or what were selling, Siân normally tells them its only £10.......a month!:ROFLMAO: And for those that insist on what the 'Fun' thing is; more than once we've, winked then whispered that we're a motorhome Swingers club. :roflmto:

The truth is there are a lot of miserable motorhomers out there who really wouldn't enjoy it here. So I'm making up a sign to stand outside the fun trade stand at our up coming shows. What do you think, OK or over the top?::bigsmile:

We've only been to one motorhome show, and absolutely hated it - and vowed never to go to another one. There were very few visitors, so wherever we went we were instant targets of the hoards of salesmen. After an hour or two of not being able to walk more than 10yards without some suited halfwit thrusting a flyer at us or asking us if we wanted to buy this and that - we'd had enough, and were rude to everyone.
We left after a few hours, having not spent a penny. :Angry:

That moan isn't aimed at you Jim. Just the point that if folk have been collared too many times before they get to the MF stand, there's a pretty good chance they/we will be miserable.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Which actually brings me onto the subject of the MHF Nutters which has always been an exclusively male domain.

:thumb:Deffo agree, Jenny that this can be a very testosterone orientated exclusive club at times and I questioned the reason why they excluded women ....... then I realised that it was because they are all very religious....
we remind them that when God created man She had a better sense of humour than they do on their posts. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Only kidding!

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Yes, very good. :thumb: Can I order two, laminated in portrait style please? :roflmto:

In return, you can have my pint, when Jim sets up [HI]that membership barrel [/HI]of ale. :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,

Jock & Rita.

Let me see, 104 MHs, average of 2 persons that's going to have to be a big barrel ! If it's on Jim's selling pitch and everyone is falling around and laughing then that will drag them in to see why.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
:thumb:Deffo agree, Jenny that this can be a very testosterone orientated exclusive club at times and I questioned the reason why they excluded women ....... then I realised that it was because they are all very religious....
we remind them that when God created man She had a better sense of humour than they do on their posts. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Only kidding!

How can females be old farts, apparently they don't pass wind as they are special ? :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back