MIRROR PROTECTORS (2 Viewers)

Mar 3, 2017
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinberg Carloft
Exp
Getting the hang of it from 2017
Does the Mirror Guard allow for the little button that is the outside temp sensor?
Yes the temp thing is on both sides, and it still works dispite being recessed up into the cover.
The Mirrorgaurd ones are much tougher and made from way better materials

swiftsteve

LIFE MEMBER
May 16, 2018
kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral S 680 ST
Exp
Since 2008, with a gap between 2013 and 2018.
I bought a white pair at Newbury yesterday. £40 the pair. Not sure they'd be much protection, but the mirrors were black and the van white. Just thought they would look prettier.
They were covered in dead flies time I got home, they didn't notice on the black mirrors. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Quick Quick

Quick Quick

Free Member
Apr 25, 2017
Clevedon, N Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 510
Exp
4 years
I bought a white pair at Newbury yesterday. £40 the pair. Not sure they'd be much protection, but the mirrors were black and the van white. Just thought they would look prettier.
They were covered in dead flies time I got home, they didn't notice on the black mirrors. :(
Hi
This is where you get the dilemma. How protective are those at £40, versus MirrorGuard at £120. Thanks for the reply

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We looked at Mirror guard and Milenco, but found some from Seaflo the white ones were really solid, with additional reflectors. I tested one by standing on it :), Milenco would have been flattened and mirror guard not keen on idea.

Fitting was a tight fit, been called into play twice fortunately at low speeds 20mph van and 30mph hedge no damage.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Well, we were mirror fencing in lanes in Devon a couple of days ago and our Mirrorguards did us well!:) Even the mark off the other van mirror rubbed off.(y)

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
@Quick Quick I have some for sale in classified that came off our Burstner, they do not fit our new panel van conversion mirrors. It is a thread from March, a couple of other funsters expressed an interest but didn't respond to my pm so they are still available.

Mar 3, 2017
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinberg Carloft
Exp
Getting the hang of it from 2017
Well, we were mirror fencing in lanes in Devon a couple of days ago and our Mirrorguards did us well!:) Even the mark off the other van mirror rubbed off.(y)
This is exactly we have just fitted them, got a week in Cornwall first week of June

OP
OP
Quick Quick

Quick Quick

Free Member
Apr 25, 2017
Clevedon, N Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 510
Exp
4 years
We looked at Mirror guard and Milenco, but found some from Seaflo the white ones were really solid, with additional reflectors. I tested one by standing on it :), Milenco would have been flattened and mirror guard not keen on idea.

Fitting was a tight fit, been called into play twice fortunately at low speeds 20mph van and 30mph hedge no damage.

Very helpful. Thanks

OP
OP
Quick Quick

Quick Quick

Free Member
Apr 25, 2017
Clevedon, N Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 510
Exp
4 years

Priced at 49.99, do you think they are as good as the Mirror Guard version?

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Our van came fitted with Mirrorguard and I'm so glad it did, we've had several encounters over the past two years, always resulting in 1-0 to us with the opponents mirror spread all over the road.

Cant recommend them enough.

Cheers
Red, Bannock and Chris

OP
OP
Quick Quick

Quick Quick

Free Member
Apr 25, 2017
Clevedon, N Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 510
Exp
4 years
Mine have now been on a month and I really should have fitted them 2 years ago. I am seeing more of them fitted on MH as I travel, so it's catching on. £350 for a new wing mirror assembly or £50-£120 for guards.

OP
OP
Quick Quick

Quick Quick

Free Member
Apr 25, 2017
Clevedon, N Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 510
Exp
4 years
Our van came fitted with Mirrorguard and I'm so glad it did, we've had several encounters over the past two years, always resulting in 1-0 to us with the opponents mirror spread all over the road.

Cant recommend them enough.

Cheers
Red, Bannock and Chris

Almost a bit satisfying, like winning a joust!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I bought our Mirrorguards after catching a mirror, would you believe, on a lamp-post - fortunately no lasting damage! Since then, despite my best efforts at staying away from oncoming "jousters" we've had a couple of coming-togethers and apart from some scrapes and scratches, no damage. I agree that oncoming HGV's do tend to move over a bit more - once had a logging truck (and they take no prisoners) take to the hedge when suddenly faced with us coming around a bend.

The Milenco version wasn't around when I bought mine, but having inspected said items, I'd always recommend the originals. Or better still avoid hitting something......................

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
Does anyone know if its possible to buy mirror guards for a 2008 Renault Master Mh ?
I cannot seem to find any to fit.
wJFJdQRpRvuUIWAVLOjF9Q.jpg

Korgrocker

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013
Would you recommend them, or is it something that you put on after sustaining damage, as I am doing.
Well worth having because they are more resistant to shock than the basic mirrors. I was unfortunate to clip mirrors with a Scottish Water van near Oban a couple of years ago - my mirror protector was unmarked but his mirror was smashed. It was quite a bang but the driver couldn't believe how I got away with it. They are difficult to fit but once in place all good.

Tea break

Free Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Don’t buy anything else mirror guards are the best done battle with white van man in Wales he lost?

Oct 20, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Odyssey 92
Exp
I’m a newbie and lovin’ it.
Hi everyone, I’ve just bumped into this thread - forgive the pun. Today, trundling gently up a hill in the Forest of Dean we met a white a Fiat white van who was so close to the white line he smashed our wing mirror into the quarter light, which shattered all over us. The damage included deeply scratched door paintwork, scuff marks down the side and scratched window panels. No they didn’t stop. ?

Can anyone recommend anything we can do to polish and improve the scuff on one and scratches on another window?

Any other advice/experience gratefully received.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
How many of you who swear by these things are actually having increased risk of "jousting" because your larger mirror housings are much more of a target?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Have been driving trucks and vans since 1962,,In all those years have only had two broken mirrors,,one on a truck and one on a car,,,lucky or what :D :D BUSBY.

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Does any company make mirror guards for a Ford Transit? I have contacted both Millenco and Mirror Guard and neither make them.

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
fitted genuine mirrorguards to ours, so far not tested in anger, but good product, better than the milenco which are just covers really in comaprison

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Having been in Devon and had the gentle pitter patter of leaves of hedgrows gently caress the nearside mirror it lulled me into a false sense of security, as not long after there was an almightly bang, one dangling remains of a mirror and a small ding in the door... £250 lighter and I can guarntee you that next time I am at a show I shall be picking up a set of these mirror guards. :eek:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.