Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
How did your Movano die?
Was it a mileage issue or something else?
Van had only done 60k however may have been running static for much longer being a police van. Its first engine died at Christmas, then it took 3 months for garage to fit second engine. Which wasn't right and still leaked.

I had had enough tbh and it had gone moldy inside to having been shut up for 3 months.

Cheers James

Apr 21, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Newbie here
Van had only done 60k however may have been running static for much longer being a police van. Its first engine died at Christmas, then it took 3 months for garage to fit second engine. Which wasn't right and still leaked.

I had had enough tbh and it had gone moldy inside to having been shut up for 3 months.

Cheers James
Awww, what a way to go šŸ˜­

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Never mind someone else will get a cheap camper so I'm happy!

It wasn't really very useful for me for daily use either so I get to build a van which is more suitable.

Anyway back to the Iveco!

How's it going Craig?

Cheers James

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Craigderby

Craigderby

Free Member
Nov 1, 2016
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Iveco Daily
Exp
Since 2001
Anyway back to the Iveco!

How's it going Craig?

Cheers James
Slowly at the moment, but a couple of days off work next week, so I'll hopefully crack on a bit more.
That are the ā€œgo toā€ chassis for virtually all the entry level RWD vans from Concorde, MORELO, N+B, PhoeniX and RS amongst others.

This one as a 40C is the 4t chassis so Craigderby will need to take care not to add too much weight with the build, might plate to 4600kg.

I made a typo which it won't let me change, it's actually a 45C, so I've got 4600kgs to play with. I'll be doing well to put back in what I lost with the minibus seats and wheelchair lift!
But on a serious note I'm going to weigh it once complete, just for my peace of mind.

Last edited:

Hoovie

Free Member
May 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Got a man coming tomorrow. Ā£50 for the lot. I'll just be glad to get rid of them
That chap will have gone away with a big smile on his face :) Those unwin quick release mounts on each seat are worth a lot of money! I sent 3 pairs from my Minbus conversion to Iceland (the country, not the shop) and the buyer paid over Ā£150.

Hoovie

Free Member
May 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Van looks great. mega change outside from when it arrived!

OP
OP
Craigderby

Craigderby

Free Member
Nov 1, 2016
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Iveco Daily
Exp
Since 2001
That chap will have gone away with a big smile on his face :) Those unwin quick release mounts on each seat are worth a lot of money! I sent 3 pairs from my Minbus conversion to Iceland (the country, not the shop) and the buyer paid over Ā£150.
Yes I could of got more for them, same with the wheelchair ramp, but to be honest just getting them gone quickly was my priority. If the chap made a few quid then I don't mind.

Hoovie

Free Member
May 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
I couldn't get shot of my Wheelchair lift. And it was so heavy I had to chop it up on the driveway into small enough pieces to lift and take to the tip :( a great shame for something that still worked fine.

OP
OP
Craigderby

Craigderby

Free Member
Nov 1, 2016
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Iveco Daily
Exp
Since 2001
Time away from work has been difficult of recent, so things have slowed down a bit.
However, today I got another sticker on!

20210528_121653.jpg

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Ive had good results on a Iveco I had using

Meguiars Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer​

used Meguiars Heavy Duty Multi Purpose Cleaner beforehand :)

OP
OP
Craigderby

Craigderby

Free Member
Nov 1, 2016
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Iveco Daily
Exp
Since 2001
I've done one bit with a heat gun, and it did work. I've since used something called kryptonite which looked good until it rained and all washed off. The other day I did the front bumper with the Meguirs stuff, it's okay, but for Ā£17 a bottle it's not great.

OP
OP
Craigderby

Craigderby

Free Member
Nov 1, 2016
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Iveco Daily
Exp
Since 2001
There's not been an update for a while.
Friday was finally MOT day which she passed.
However no other work has been done, as I paused it when we made the decision to move. A house came up which we really wanted, but one big problem, not enough room on the driveway. As a result the reluctant decision was made that we'd have to let her go. Gutted, but relieved as her new owners are really enthusiastic and have some great plans. Today she headed off to her new home in Portsmouth. :(

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Congratulations on the house.

Sorry to here about the Iveco perhaps the new owner will update.....?

Cheers James

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back