LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
One of the young techno guys at work was talking to me about my Motorhome. We got onto the subject of TV and I explained about Oyster dish etc.
He asked if I ever watch TV outside? I explained that the TVs are fixed to which he laughed saying get a projector. How cool would that be sitting outside in the evening with the TV projected onto the side of the Motorhome. Mmmm that would be cool.

He came back with this one at £199 which seems a good deal. You can mirror your iPad or use android direct or inset memory card.

I have just placed an order so will see how cool it really is. Only downside would be bright sunlight, you would be unable to view in daytime.

Anyone else tried this sort of thing?

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I'm adding one instead of a TV in my van refit.

Not ordered yet, and not decided whether to go with a normal mini projector, or an Android powered one. The ones I've looked at are low power, tiny and rechargeable. Seem ideal in a van to me.

One thing we would miss when full-timing, is watching a film from Netflix/NowTV on the big screen. Seems the ideal product to me :)

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Can someone tell me how these work and are set up? In bricklayers language please!!
Xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
How cool would that be sitting outside in the evening with the TV projected onto the side of the Motorhome. Mmmm that would be cool.

Maybe inside an awning, otherwise it seems a bit like an advert for having some tasty high tech kit in your vehicle? I suppose the other issue is if there's kids on the neighbouring pitch and you're watching post-watershed TV :)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Not a chance of success in that size, not enough size for a decent lens and decent LED lamp.

Mar 1, 2015
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Frankia 840GD
Exp
Since 2015
How about the sound? If you connect your phone to it, will you just hear the sound through your phone.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Lots of reviews on YouTube of similar devices. Common complaints are poor brightness, resolution and low frame rate.
Certainly worth investigating before purchase....

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
I work with projectors every day. You need high resolution, preferably HD, so HDMI input with 1080p (or 720p if limited funds). To use outdoors you’ll need high lumens and high contrast.

How much do you want to spend? I’ll have a look at what’s around.

Oh, you’re also going to need some decent speakers.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Sad to say, I can't imagine it being anywhere near bright enough [except in total darkness]... I see others have been equally negative :whistle:, so I'll be positive - at least you have the distance selling regulations to fall back on & be able to get a full refund (y).

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I tried one of these mini projectors and was totally under-whelmed with the brightness, picture quality and many other things. I ended up purchasing a regular projector, which is superb.
It's an Epson, and it was around £200, this is me testing the setup in the van:
IMG_0875.JPG

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I tried one of these mini projectors and was totally under-whelmed with the brightness, picture quality and many other things. I ended up purchasing a regular projector, which is superb.
It's an Epson, and it was around £200, this is me testing the setup in the van:
View attachment 209801

Daniel,the force is strong especially in the corner :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
As a 'neighbour' point of view, if I was on a campsite and the neighbours had their TV/projector outside blaring away I wouldn't be overly happy! If it was the other way round and your campsite neighbours had the kids TV on all day when you just wanted to have a chill out would you be happy? Its bad enough when people watch TV inside their MH with the doors/windows open, but outside ... !

Sorry if that makes me a sour-puss but just wanted to put another perspective on this.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
As a 'neighbour' point of view, if I was on a campsite and the neighbours had their TV/projector outside blaring away I wouldn't be overly happy! If it was the other way round and your campsite neighbours had the kids TV on all day when you just wanted to have a chill out would you be happy? Its bad enough when people watch TV inside their MH with the doors/windows open, but outside ... !

Sorry if that makes me a sour-puss but just wanted to put another perspective on this.
Projectors have headphone sockets.

Plus we now have VR headsets that give you a full cinema experience in private.
You can sit in a VR cinema while your other half is asleep next to you in bed without disturbing them.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Projectors have headphone sockets.

Plus we now have VR headsets that give you a full cinema experience in private.
You can sit in a VR cinema while your other half is asleep next to you in bed without disturbing them.
Good idea Jez and I know you are respectful of others, but it doesn't mean that everyone has considered the effect on others.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back