Mind my own business or.... ? (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Remember that snooker player, Bill Werbeniuk, who had a doctor's note enabling him to drink unlimited quantities of lager whilst playing ☺
What a coincidence Hugh...moi has the very same doctor! Plus an exemption from royal family:Eeek:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Nobody will ever change the minds of the heavy drinkers on here. if the police stopped every motorhome leaving a fun meet, i wonder how many would actually be sober after the boozy night before.
We've got a brethalizer . If we've had a drink the night before. When were in Pug we always have a blow. Just to check.
Better safe than sorry.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Remember that snooker player, Bill Werbeniuk, who had a doctor's note enabling him to drink unlimited quantities of lager whilst playing ☺
He actually claimed tax relief for the booze as a business expense. Both ways impressive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
When I pass a very busy pub with car parks full I wonder what percentage drink and drive but no police waiting outside and I doubt many, if any in the pub report those drinking in case they drive.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I can't see the point of reporting the matter to a steward who is then placed in a difficult position. The steward has not witnessed what has happened so should be reluctant to report hearsay to the police in case he is subsequently accused of wasting police time if it turns out it was just a case of sour grapes or whatever!

The only thing a steward can do is perhaps PM Jim if the drinker is a Funster at a Funster meet as it might eventually result in the forum being brought into disrepute were a fatal accident to result.

Unless you saw them drive off, personally driving, after consuming a large quantity of drink then I don't think there is anything you could have done.

Oct 17, 2014
London
Funster No
MH
Possl Roadcruiser PVC
Exp
Since 2011
He actually claimed tax relief for the booze as a business expense. Both ways impressive.

Mind you, he did drop off the perch at 56 so it's not all good maybe......

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I'm glad no one was counting the Stella cans being lobbed in the bin a couple of weeks ago when England won the Six Nations championship, with a Grand Slam

You would loose count of the outer cardboard Stella boxes being lobbed in the skip let alone the actual cans lol

We used to have a chap come and stay years ago that loved his camper but had lost his licence on medical grounds, his Grand daughter used to drive his camper to different places and then his daughter would come and drive the guy home

From memory he used to drink a lot as well

Love to think that it was the same guy, just enjoying a different area!

OP
OP
Wizbangs

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
To clarify.... For various reasons we no longer book ahead for MH shows. We pay at the gate on arrival, so were not in the Funster area. Neither of us ever saw anyone else or heard anyone else. The possibility of someone arriving doesn't fit with our experience over several conversations with him throughout the weekend, during which there was never any mention of anyone else. Speculating on there being some invisible designated driver suddenly manifesting out of the blue is of course possible but unfortunately highly unlikely in reality. I just hope he travelled home safely without causing harm to others or himself.

OP
OP
Wizbangs

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Sorry Jim. If it had been a funster I most certainly would not have mentioned it on this forum. IMO an individual's drinking habit is their own business. It only became my concern and quandary when I realised other people were potentially being put at risk. It put a damper on a nice weekend and became a good reason to consider booking ahead again. Better the devil you know and all that. LOL. Funsters can be a merry bunch of imbibers but this was in a different league entirely.

Reactions: Jim
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Wether it was a funster or not I would have reported them .
IF I had seen them constantly drinking before getting in their van and driving away. But before I did, I would question them on their sobriety to be able to drive.
Regardless of whether I thought they'd take offence or not.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back