Mind boggling. Can you beat this? (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
My son whom lives in the US and does a lot of travailing has set himself up with his cable TV on the move.
He has a Slingbox at home connected to his cable, he recently purchased a Motorola Xoom tablet. This is set up to receive his US cable TV anywhere in the world, amazing.
Using Skype we set my laptop up with his pass word. Now I can also view his US cable TV including changing channel etc. The reception is excellent and the whole system is free. Can you beat that? :thumb:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
My son whom lives in the US and does a lot of travailing has set himself up with his cable TV on the move.
He has a Slingbox at home connected to his cable, he recently purchased a Motorola Xoom tablet. This is set up to receive his US cable TV anywhere in the world, amazing.
Using Skype we set my laptop up with his pass word. Now I can also view his US cable TV including changing channel etc. The reception is excellent and the whole system is free. Can you beat that? :thumb:

When it works technology is brilliant.

Don't tell the government, they will find a way of taxing it - free telly, can't have that.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
When it works technology is brilliant.
Don't tell the government, they will find a way of taxing it - free telly, can't have that.
Yah I was surprised it worked too. Using a HDMI connection from laptop I can also view it on my TV.
It could be difficult would you pay US or UK tax. I guess it is an anomaly yet to be removed or charged for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back