Rally Millport Activity Weekend 6-10 June 2019 (1 Viewer)

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
You say that about every rally.
How's Mick's eye?

Ps.
Thanks Sandra. Once again it was great, an unplanned treat.
Must see what I can do about leave for next year.
That's because I love all the rallies, but I Love the place of Millport, fabulous place.
Micks eye good thanks.
See you in Fife.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brendan

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 25, 2012
Here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
See you in Fife

Back at work at the weekend, so not at Fife unfortunately.
I thought I might make it up that way for a few days this week, but when I got out of my pit today didn't fancy driving that far, so parked up at Moffat for a couple of nights.
Have a good time in the Kingdom, and hopefully see you soon.

Elleeanne

Free Member
Nov 2, 2016
Lochlea, Nr Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 2016
Brilliant video, Sandra. Great aerial shots makes you really appreciate how fabulous Isle Cumbrae is! Had to replace the pump in the loo today but we're all good for Fife! See you there!

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Back at work at the weekend, so not at Fife unfortunately.
I thought I might make it up that way for a few days this week, but when I got out of my pit today didn't fancy driving that far, so parked up at Moffat for a couple of nights.
Have a good time in the Kingdom, and hopefully see you soon.
Enjoy Moffat, have to find someone else to lead us astray ?

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Your not in NZ or the Cook islands are you? As its blocked in those countries due to copyright. Did you try the link funflair posted?

Jim Is this an iPad problem.

No not in NZ!

I managed to view it by searching on YouTube but the link wouldn’t work from the forum.

Looks like you all had a fab time - wouldn’t mind trying to get to the next one (mind you, we too have a long (and low);overhang so might have issues on the ferry?

On the kayaking footage it didn’t look as though any/many had spray decks on - were they not allowed?

Ian

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
No not in NZ!

I managed to view it by searching on YouTube but the link wouldn’t work from the forum.

Looks like you all had a fab time - wouldn’t mind trying to get to the next one (mind you, we too have a long (and low);overhang so might have issues on the ferry?

On the kayaking footage it didn’t look as though any/many had spray decks on - were they not allowed?

Ian
Hi Ian

If you have not been through the full capsize drill it is safest to not use a spray deck.

Do they all look wet or dry?

Martin

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs

Oscar was unable to get across on the ferry due to long overhang/towbar/trailer. He is 9m. I guess it depends on how low as the flatbed lorries come across for the festival each year.

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
bigtwin - we are a 7.6 Moho & had a easy lifter hydratrail with a scooter on making us 9 metres. Our lowest point is the towbar, on level ground we had just under 24 cms clearance to the towbars lowest point, this was the point that caught the concrete slipway/entry ramp when we attempted to board the ferry. IMG_20190612_133000.jpg

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Ian

If you have not been through the full capsize drill it is safest to not use a spray deck.

Do they all look wet or dry?

Martin

In a past life (?) I’ve done many Eskimo rolls but I guess they’d want you to demonstrate this rather than take your word for it.

Ian

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
bigtwin - we are a 7.6 Moho & had a easy lifter hydratrail with a scooter on making us 9 metres. Our lowest point is the towbar, on level ground we had just under 24 cms clearance to the towbars lowest point, this was the point that caught the concrete slipway/entry ramp when we attempted to board the ferry.View attachment 309961

Did they offer any planks to put under your wheels to raise the back as you boarded?

That’s what’s always been done when I get on/off the Orkney ferries. Without that kind of support, I think I’d be kn*ckered!

Ian

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Ian

I think everyone there was inexperienced so safer in my view, I imagine that you could have convinced them of your experience and then kept your knees warm, as you know it not the ability to roll as much as the ability to get out under the water, and trust me I have both in equal amounts?

Martin

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Ian

I think everyone there was inexperienced so safer in my view, I imagine that you could have convinced them of your experience and then kept your knees warm, as you know it not the ability to roll as much as the ability to get out under the water, and trust me I have both in equal amounts?

Martin

Thanks Martin.
Yes, it’s the ability to remain calm and safely get out of the craft that matters. If you are attempting an Eskimo roll you don’t always get back up first attempt, and sometimes not even on the second attempt, so remaining calm while you extricate yourself is paramount.

Ian

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
It's a very quick turnaround with this ferry as it runs every 30 minutes, we attempted to board twice no offer of planks, possibly due to timescales?

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
Hi

Has anyone been able to see the video for Millport it is showing unavailable for me

Liz

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
Thanks Martin

That’s working the cookies were blocking me

Liz