Rally Millport 8th -11June 2018 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Updated list

Sun afternoon kayakers
1 Mick n mew
2 Space free for 2 folk
3 Debs
4 Me

Sun full day inc lunch

5 Andy63
6 Helen &Martin
7 Tim
8 Neil and Jacqui

Other funsters
9 Funflair
10 Allan & Loren
11 DavidG58
12 Al-Di
13 Badknee
14 Forthpilot
FULL

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
For someone who didn't go this year do you have more info on Kayaking,

Proper Kayaks or sit on?
How far for the full day?
Can you use your own or do you have to have theirs?

Depending on answers Mrs Funflair might come as well @andy63 would we keep up in our blow up.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
How far round.. Think Andy and Tim done around 7 miles but 3 were before being picked up in mini bus before lunch.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
For someone who didn't go this year do you have more info on Kayaking,

Proper Kayaks or sit on?
How far for the full day?
Can you use your own or do you have to have theirs?

Depending on answers Mrs Funflair might come as well @andy63 would we keep up in our blow up.

Martin

Proper kayaks were not offered to those doing half day last year. Was just little things that Neilfg kept falling out of as it was too small:LOL:

Full day kayakers were offered a sea kayak or a sit on.

You can use your own but if coming as part of the group still have to pay as we have an instructor with us.

The bay atMillport is sheltered so a good opportunity to get your blow up out ...I think.

PS. As there will be 2 instructors out., one for HD and one for full day you have the opportunity of switching groups at lunchtime when the HD folk arrive.

This is the place here
http://www.nationalcentrecumbrae.org.uk

There is a shop that hires kayaks, the ones i saw were not big but fun all the same i imagine.

Take a look here.

Last edited:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi Martin @funflair ... Sandra has covered the points I think... it's very much tailored to suit .. if we want a decent paddle and everyone in the group is up to it then that's what the instructor will do .. we have a break for dinner on the full day anyway and if someone feels they have had enough they just give it a miss.. the boats can be dropped or picked up from any part of the island we can land at.. the road hugs the coast and they hace a large trailer and mini bus with radio contact to cntr. .. whatever we do you won't have any problems :D.. but if it was decided to go for a decent paddle a sea kayak would be more suitable... I'm sure
You would keep up whatever you were in but why kill yourself:LOL:
Andy.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin @funflair ... Sandra has covered the points I think... it's very much tailored to suit .. if we want a decent paddle and everyone in the group is up to it then that's what the instructor will do .. we have a break for dinner on the full day anyway and if someone feels they have had enough they just give it a miss.. the boats can be dropped or picked up from any part of the island we can land at.. the road hugs the coast and they hace a large trailer and mini bus with radio contact to cntr. .. whatever we do you won't have any problems :D.. but if it was decided to go for a decent paddle a sea kayak would be more suitable... I'm sure
You would keep up whatever you were in but why kill yourself:LOL:
Andy.
Andy

Thanks for that, other than yours I have not been in a sea Kayak for about 30 years but I am sure your right about it being the No1 choice for a good paddle, all day we should get 20 miles in(y) or am I still remembering how strong I was 30 years ago.

Andy do you know if they have double sea Kayaks.

Martin

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Depending on weather conditions and which boats are available at the centre I may use my own boat but of they have a "Ride" with a rudder I would use that instead. :)

I don't do well with an standard enclosed kayak as with having lack of mobility in my spine getting out is not easy. I am also on the (very) large size and as most kayaks available in the UK are built for men or smaller women the size of the cockpit is always an issue.

Sit-ons are great (how dare they not be called "proper" kayaks - the skill set to use them is a bit different but I was one of the first people to use a sit-on in the UK - if not for a sit-on I would not have been able to paddle).

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Depending on weather conditions and which boats are available at the centre I may use my own boat but of they have a "Ride" with a rudder I would use that instead. :)

I don't do well with an standard enclosed kayak as with having lack of mobility in my spine getting out is not easy. I am also on the (very) large size and as most kayaks available in the UK are built for men or smaller women the size of the cockpit is always an issue.

Sit-ons are great (how dare they not be called "proper" kayaks - the skill set to use them is a bit different but I was one of the first people to use a sit-on in the UK - if not for a sit-on I would not have been able to paddle).
I was using a sit on 40 years ago but we called them surf ski's.

Martin

Ps I don't think you can call them a proper Kayak without a deck and cockpit, that aside I am up for anything that gets people into the water.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Andy

Thanks for that, other than yours I have not been in a sea Kayak for about 30 years but I am sure your right about it being the No1 choice for a good paddle, all day we should get 20 miles in(y) or am I still remembering how strong I was 30 years ago.

Martin
Lol... well I don't want to get you big headed but you managed very well, including a roll even if you lost your hat...:LOL:
in my book 20 miles is a tad ambitious :D. .. just concentrate on taking the lovely Mrs funfair out for an enjoyable day... weather permitting .. and on that note I'm not sure the cntr has any doubles but I'll find out..
It's a long ways off so plenty of time and all very much weather dependant..
I was supposed to be meeting dave up at kielder tomorrow, but it's been cancelled due to a poor forecast... think we are going to try the river at Hexham all been well...
Take care and I'll be in touch.
Andy.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
all day we should get 20 miles in(y) or am I still remembering how strong I was 30 years ago.

Your probably being more than ambitious Martin. Lunch is provided at the centre and the island itself is only 10.5miles around.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs

No they unfortunately do not. I have just rung and asked.

I think Kate had one on her sit on.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Your probably being more than ambitious Martin. Lunch is provided at the centre and the island itself is only 10.5miles around.
Two laps then last one back gets the beer in.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Lol... well I don't want to get you big headed but you managed very well, including a roll even if you lost your hat...:LOL:
in my book 20 miles is a tad ambitious :D. .. just concentrate on taking the lovely Mrs funfair out for an enjoyable day... weather permitting .. and on that note I'm not sure the cntr has any doubles but I'll find out..
It's a long ways off so plenty of time and all very much weather dependant..
I was supposed to be meeting dave up at kielder tomorrow, but it's been cancelled due to a poor forecast... think we are going to try the river at Hexham all been well...
Take care and I'll be in touch.
Andy.
Hi Andy

See you tomorrow(y)

Martin

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Kayaking booking deposit will be paid on Monday. Anyone else up for it?

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Deposits now paid for kayaking . Our place is secure (y)

Still a few places for the meet left and if you decide you want to join us kayaking just shout up.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Updated list
Sun afternoon kayakers
1 Mick n mew
2 Elleeanne
3 Debs
4 Me

Sun full day inc lunch

5 Andy63
6 Helen &Martin
7 Tim
8 Neil and Jacqui

Other funsters
9 Funflair
10 Allan & Loren
11 DavidG58
12 Al-Di
13 Badknee
14 Forthpilot
15 meakwooders
FULL

Reserve list

1. DIL7983

Last edited:
OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Great, last spot is yours Elaine.Does Colin want half or full day?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We need to pay a deposit as well(y)

We get home next week so can do it then.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back