Million Pound Mega Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Mar 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoCruise Stardream
Exp
Newbie April 2019
Do you realise you are talking about a Funster the OP.
:swear: Sorry didn't relaise I was refering to a fellow funster, I eat humble pie and sincerely apologise in that case. I've only ever met a few of you guys in person when buying stuff and all were really nice. Only saw the programme last night so was surprised the thread was 6 pages long already and didn't have chance to read all on my phone so missed the OP was involved.

Just mind was boggled at the idea of 14 in as many years. There are things I don't like about ours but fix what I can or live with them.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
You can see why they are so cheap, a real cottage industry compared to the German manufacturers. The roof looked really thin with only polystyrene for insulation, If he took one of them to the artic circle he must have been cold.

I was once told that -
UK vans are made for European summers.
European van are made for European winters.

Seems about right?

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Roll on episode 3 when they feature real class. Autotrail rules😄
The funny thing is we bought a new chieftain in 2010 as we liked they layout but were let down badly by customer service but still some of the best layouts with a proper oven/fire.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
The funny thing is we bought a new chieftain in 2010 as we liked they layout but were let down badly by customer service but still some of the best layouts with a proper oven/fire.
WE run a 2000 W reg Chieftain, 54 k miles, no problems, water stays outside, warmth /dry stays inside, great useable layout.
Must our viewpoint.
Why is everyone so negative about everything made in UK, and then tghey complain about quality of imported goods !!!

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I was once told that -
UK vans are made for European summers.
European van are made for European winters.

Seems about right?

I can't comment on UK vans but believe that some European manufacturers make their 'vans for European Spring, Summers and Autumns, not winters... Some have very poor winter protection.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I did wonder if the appeal of Concierge Camping was the size of the pitches rather than it actually being “posh” . I presume it’s an adult only site ?
If they do allow families I will cancel some of my £65 a night visits to Love2Stay and take my tribe down to that place for a few nights .I hope that snob is there ,that would make my day 😂. To suggest that people that go there ( as he did in the TV show ) are any better than people that visits other camp sites, is snobbery beyond belief .
If he is so successful and happy I would question the need to “attention seek “on TV, especially on channel 5 😂.
I did however respect the fact that the funster from DMS got a nice bit of free advertising for his company but didn’t try and come across as being “ above everyone else “

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Has any funster either have/had an incinerator toilet or know someone who has? I'd be interested to know how they got on and any logistical problems they encountered. It seems to be a great idea but if I got one I might shoot myself in the foot and have to cook, my go-to reply to swmbo when asked why I don't is 'would you like to empty the loo instead?'. It appears cooking is more preferable..

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Has any funster either have/had an incinerator toilet or know someone who has? I'd be interested to know how they got on and any logistical problems they encountered. It seems to be a great idea but if I got one I might shoot myself in the foot and have to cook, my go-to reply to swmbo when asked why I don't is 'would you like to empty the loo instead?'. It appears cooking is more preferable..
Not yet knowing my luck it would pre ignite and give me a blow back and I would end up covered in ASH 🤣🤣

Jul 22, 2020
NW - UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since Aug 20
No I'm not, I'm talking about going bust, fleecing suppliers and starting afresh with no debt. When searching for details I found they had been talked about here before even fraud mentioned. Looks like they even owed money to club members!

In a previous life I was a supplier to RS Motorhomes (in a couple of its incarnations).
Personally I would never entrust a penny of my own money to them.
I cannot comment on the build quality of their vehicles but I knew their financial issues all too well.
Despite losing money to company 1 they would come back on and ask for credit for company 2 and did not take “no” very well. Did not enjoy dealing with their MD.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Yes, I remember that pillock one year at Newark, about 90 Funsters stuck on a field We'd had snow and then a big freeze he spent around 4 hours on the Saturday night in horizontal sleet and was back on Sunday towing people out, jump starting batteries, replacing batteries. Not a single tip accepted. He's the same pillock who helps us print our journal each year that we give free to members, the same pillock who advertised with us, when no one would because there were only a few hundred members. And what a pillock, he only donated about a grand's worth of prizes to help get our mag off the ground. :rolleyes:
So, he’s a big hearted, helpful, thoughtful, generous pillock then, don’t you just hate people like that:unsure:;)(y)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
So, he’s a big hearted, helpful, thoughtful, generous pillock then, don’t you just hate people like that:unsure:;)(y)
And obviously doesn’t know what he wants in a motorhome.... layout layout... someone should have a word with him....😆

😉

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Nice to see you are getting through the lockdown Al That should get stuck well at Peterbrough. Just green with envy LOL.

Reactions: DMS

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back