Million Pound Mega Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I have a friend who lives in Devon but keeps his 16 motorhomes (for hire to Bands etc) in Wales. I'm surprised he wasn't on the programme. I am quite envious of these large motorhomes but wouldn't like to drive one in our country lanes

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I totally agree. It’s just the whole attitude of that guy who seems to think the more you pay the more exclusive it will be ,with celebrity footballers pitching up on a regular basis 😂. We just booked 2 nights in Shrewsbury for £130 in the school holidays in April . I don’t expect to be seeing many A list celebs and premier league footballers walking around the site even though it is very expensive for 2 nights 😀. It was the attitude that the more you pay at a campsite the more exclusive( “posh “) it is , that amused me . I don’t think this Tv show did the campsite any good in terms of publicity .
There are pompous assholes in all walks of life not just motorhomers and no one would watch a program with the average Joe on an average site with an average Motorhome.
Also if I was on a camp site that was full of a list celebs and footballers I would probably move to much hair gel, lip filler, and self importance and I can’t kick a ball or speak Essex Ok 🤣

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
As above. Why boast that you have a £250k MH but only use an exclusive site so you can “ meet the right people” what a disagreeable asshole.
See some of you at the bring and buy Holbeach, and Thetford bash to meet my kind of people.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
As above. Why boast that you have a £250k MH but only use an exclusive site so you can “ meet the right people” what a disagreeable asshole.
See some of you at the bring and buy Holbeach, and Thetford bash to meet my kind of people.
Phil
Are you bringing the Champers ? Only the best Bolly HA HA HA! 🥂

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If you go on you tube, search for the 15 best rv’s, they are all there. From memory the most expensive was close to three million, usually owned by actors and musicians.
But not used for camping but for accomodation when on set...or when on tour,,BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Thought they were represented well in last nights program! Yes hopefully Morello which for me is tip top.
Actually how did they spend over a year converting that Overlander with those bits of 2 x 1.
Friend of mine had an overlander built in Poland on a chassis cab he supplied,,that took 18 months to build,,,Just got it finished as Covid arrived..,BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Unbelievable, I'd rather spend my money on a decent van than waste it like that. Looked no better than some French Aires we have stayed on for €5 a night, OK you don't get posh showers and loos but I have them in the van.
Its a similar price to Caravan and Motorhome Club then,, :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ,,BUSBY..

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
WE run a 2000 W reg Chieftain, 54 k miles, no problems, water stays outside, warmth /dry stays inside, great useable layout.
Must our viewpoint.
Why is everyone so negative about everything made in UK, and then tghey complain about quality of imported goods !!!
That was back when they built them properly and still owned by Autotrail,,,BUSBY..

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
My Mum has had two Autotrail's selling the second one a couple of years ago and not a minutes bother with either of them

My Mates Clou leaked like a sieve from the moment it left the factory

Often it is the luck of the draw

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Yeah.. I've stayed at that site too and I'm just a regular Joe. The owners are really nice folk, certainly not poe-faced at all. Its certainly well appointed and even has a nice machine that cleans out your toilet cassette for a quid.
Seen a few of those machines on 15 euro a night sites in France...BUSBY.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
That is generally true.

I believe for all the manufacturers - none of them pay for or take ownership of the base vehicle until immediately prior to the registration of the vehicle itself i.e. when it is complete and ready for handover.
Very pertinent point, because as we all know from the criminal conviction of the Directors of RS they missed the important points, as in being truthful about the reason for financing and other associated illegal activities. The criminal convictions are clear to see with a simple google search. Once again a very clear message why I would neither recommend nor deal with this company. In my opinion not a company I could ever trust on a number of fronts.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
My Mum has had two Autotrail's selling the second one a couple of years ago and not a minutes bother with either of them

My Mates Clou leaked like a sieve from the moment it left the factory

Often it is the luck of the draw
Really. Not to say they don't have problems but the last Clou left the N&B factory in 2008?

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Having watched the behind the scenes video on Youtube (), the most telling comment was near the beginning from Mrs Radford was to be careful in what they said on the TV camera as she is not in charge of the editing.

We took part in a programme for Channel 4 a couple of years ago and can confirm from that the TV editors can and do slant the programme to suit themselves. Viewer discretion and a very large pinch of salt required!

O and the reactions on social media vary from complements to false appalling reviews, bad language etc etc.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Perhaps that's why they discontinued it! My mate was hacked off I remember that much!
Not at all they were incredibly well made and have an enthusiastic following throughout Europe. N&B changed tack following the financial crisis and no longer make truck based MH's. What was the problem with your mate's?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The rear spoiler/light bar hadn't been sealed properly and was pissing in water. Obviously missed on the line and the German dealers PDI

I agree that they are well made vans, the point that I was making it that you simply cannot say that all AutoTrails leak and European vans don't!

Mind you I have never had an RV that had a roof leak from new! Plenty of other problems mind you which is why is said that often it is the luck of draw

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The rear spoiler/light bar hadn't been sealed properly and was pissing in water. Obviously missed on the line and the German dealers PDI

I agree that they are well made vans, the point that I was making it that you simply cannot say that all AutoTrails leak and European vans don't!

Mind you I have never had an RV that had a roof leak from new! Plenty of other problems mind you which is why is said that often it is the luck of draw
I agree that all manufacturers have their failures but I think its really poor that there are so many unhappy Autotrail owners that they have their own club https://www.facebook.com/groups/569051023302494/

1300 members atm.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
1300 out of how many owners, and what %age of them just want to moan ?
We have no integrity / quality problems with our Chieftain
Have you thought about setting up a Happy Autotrail owners group to see how big a group that might be? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, couldn’t resist. 😎

Ian

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Not at all they were incredibly well made and have an enthusiastic following throughout Europe. N&B changed tack following the financial crisis and no longer make truck based MH's. What was the problem with your mate's?
It’s not the leak, any van can do that with cut outs in the roof and walls, it’s the damage that it causes which is the problem on a lot of vans.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
1300 out of how many owners, and what %age of them just want to moan ?
We have no integrity / quality problems with our Chieftain
Sounds like a lot considering they don't make many vans compared to German manufacturers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back