Millau and Aveyron RV site wanted. (1 Viewer)

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
This year we decided to do a different route down to Spain the A75 and the Millau bridge.
As usual in October France was shut:cry:
The area however looked absolutely beautiful.
On our return journey in April we would like to see some of the area, has anybody been on any of the sites around Millau with their RV and which sites are they?
We are 34ft, 10 metres.
Any help would be appreciated.

Have just booked into the rally at Marjal arriving on 7th.

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
We stopped at Campsite La Dourbie for a couple of nights last year. It's in the ACSI guide and seems to be able to cope with bigger rigs. Nice site and only about 15 miles from exit 47 on the A75 before Millau. Opens mid-April. Beautiful countryside and a BIG plus is the restaurant of the Hotel du Midi Papillon in St Jean du Bruel, which is an easy 15 minute stroll from the campsite.
We stayed at La Dourbie specifically to revisit this restaurant and it was every bit as good as we remembered. Classic French Provincial cuisine, all locally sourced ingredients and very reasonably priced.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
the sites around Millau with their RV

Not got an RV but Millau town has loads of sites along the river, you must find somewhere.

Well worth the visit.

See you in Marjal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Sorry tony-g have found site in ACSI when I put my glasses on.:Doh:
Oddly enough, I had difficulty at first in this years guide and online.
This is a seriously lovely area. Limestone gorges, rivers, forests. Anywhere between Millau to the west and over the high plateau they call the Causse Mejean to Florac in the east is worth a meander. Florac is an interesting town on the bottom and up the side of a valley and has a municipal campsite and a good Aire. Incidentally, it also has a brilliant wood fired Pizzeria tucked away in the terraced side streets. Just a word of warning. We originally toured by car a few years back and some of the minor roads were a bit challenging last year for our 6.2m Burstner. Plenty of do-able options though but make sure you have good maps and don't necessarily rely on the satnav! Happy Trails.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
This year we decided to do a different route down to Spain the A75 and the Millau bridge.
As usual in October France was shut:cry:
The area however looked absolutely beautiful.
On our return journey in April we would like to see some of the area, has anybody been on any of the sites around Millau with their RV and which sites are they?
We are 34ft, 10 metres.
Any help would be appreciated.

Get yourself on the list .... I didn' see you, on

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Have a look on the Castel site for Camping Le Caussanel. Stayed last year for a few days. Great site, great setting beside the lake. Good for walking and cycling. Would require transport to travel further a field.

Trevor

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back