Mileometer on Brand New Fiat Ducato (1 Viewer)

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Picked up the new MH yesterday. Initially I was confused as I could not find the mileometer on the dash. Drove a fair distance (30 miles or so). The Trip A and B meters were working but nothing on the main 'homepage' of the dash. Date/date/time/temperature were there but no miles. Then we stopped for a break and when I started again I noticed it said 0 miles. From then on it started recording miles (separately from the trip meters).

So, what was going on here? Do brand new vehicles have a period of not recording miles ( bit like pre delivery mileage) before they start?

OP
OP
VXman
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
There is one opportunity to reset the delivery mileage if the dealer hasn't done it. Search the web.
Well thats not an issue really as it's already showing less miles than it's actually done. Just interested really in what it was doing and if this is a thing. Maybe the dealer reset it before I left and it didn't start recording until after I took a break.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
VXman
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
new vehicle have a 30 mile built in for delivery purpose shunting round yard etc,

That makes sense. Never heard of this but haven't bought a brand new vehicle for 18 years anyway.

Upvote 0

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
the older vehicles you diconnected speedo cable , electric driven (ecu) have a redundancy built in between 20/30

Upvote 0
Sep 6, 2021
Somerset, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer PVC fm Oct23.
Exp
Returning after 20+ years, spurred on by friends
Thanks VXman. Had the same experience with a new Ducato PVC last week. When the Odometer appeared, it showed 9 miles more than the Trip A reading, zeroed at delivery.

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
Maybe the dealer reset it
Ours was zero when I drove it out of the dealer. Now I know why.

Is it possible to read what the figure was before it was reset?

Upvote 0
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I had the same with my 22 Ducato. The odometer only briefly appeared when you first started the engine. After much reading I discovered the odometer being visible on the dash all the time came at the expense of something else being shown, outside temp I think. I changed the settings via the Uconnect screen so have it now and my outside temp is only there when I have the Uconnect on.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back