Dec 14, 2018
Minchinhampton
Funster No
MH
American rv purchasing.
Exp
Since 2008
Hi All.
Any thoughts about Mileage declaration? I only did half of my agreed mileage last year with Adrian Flux. Should we be entitled to a discount if we are under on miles as the premium is increased if we go over.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Why you must have set the limit you could have cancelled insurance and got a rebate they have insured your van we never get anywhere near our mileage limit but thats because I set it higher than we would normally need becau anything can happen.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I guess that's what Ryanair would call creative pricing. Just find a few extras you can overcharge for. Refunds? Nah

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Three years ago we had an accident which required an insurance claim. I had always declared about 10k miles if asked.

When the insurance company asked for photos of the accident damage and a photograph of the odometer I realised we had covered 11.5k at that stage that year. On ringing them I was very relieved to be told that, as I had said I normally covered about 10k I had been given cover on their 12k premium “to be on the safe side”.

Phew!

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
It would be interesting to know much of a premium relates to mileage vs the other elements of third party fire and theft, the cover for which is still in force (and a necessity for the prudent/wise).
I think I've read on here that increasing or reducing the mileage, within reason, doesn't make a great deal of difference to the premium.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Go on,...... give us all a laugh ASK...….,or even better a pleasant surprise if hey said yes

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
We reduced our mileage cover this year down from 10K to 6K miles and got about a £30 reduction if I remember rightly.
Slightly off course maybe but,
We were also members of The CMC for 4 years, hardly ever used their sites, you would have thought that if they gave out incentives, especially on membership renewal, maybe even a 1 night free voucher, then that might encourage me to use one of their sites,more often, but I never ever did get one.
I think they are all getting the desired level of customers that renew or join, so they simply dont bother offering refunds, or even incentivise us any more.
LES

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Best of luck with that one!

Didn't even work on renewal with a very popular on here firm of insurance agencies I'd always recommended and used for years, caused me to go elsewhere.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back