Mild Panic.... (1 Viewer)

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Hi all.

Hope you are having an uneventful Sunday. We're not....

Our landlady has asked that we vacate our temporary "let" by 29th February - a month earlier than expected. With any luck, we will be able to collect our first RV from the Soggy Cotswolds the following day, but then we have a bit of a quandry!

Having never RV'd, and, being totally new to the van, we have nowhere planned to go. SO, we thought we'd ask you guys for advice - is anyone on a site located between roughly Warwick and Newark and who will be around for the first week or so who could show us the ropes? Everything from " how to fill x" to "how to empty y", and what all the buttons do? (I'm sure JC and Lindy-C will show us, but I have a memory like a ... what was I saying?) Access needs to be able to allow a novice driver to manouveur a 31ft RV safely.

We hope to book in for the Birthday Beano in the next day or so, and therefore Smurf Spotting will become a recognised activity at Newark. Needless to say, this will be the very first time we have attended any sort of RV/MH meet, and will give everyone else present the opportunity to point at the newboys and laugh.

If you assume we know absolutely nothing, that is an accurate picture of the truth!!

Really hoping someone will be able to suggest a good site!

Papa (now nervous with excitement) Smurf, and June (looking forward to not working).

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Linda
What ever you do make sure the RVs on the road when you hand over the keys:Eeek:
It will take 6 months to get a court order to shift em otherwise :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
... (I'm sure JC and Lindy-C will show us, but I have a memory like a ... what was I saying?)

If you have a camcorder, record everything... it's all there when you need it:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Smurf
Don't worry about it mate we've all been there and still alive to tell the tale
I'm sure Linda & james will go through everything with you , i'm also sure they will have the usual operation manuals with the RV for some bedtime reading.
and theres always somebody that can help at the camp sites :thumb:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi Smurf

Until you've driven off at least once still hooked up:Doh:, and left your ariel up moving off :Doh:eek:r been covered in brown stuff while dumping you are not a true RVer!! :cry: :cry:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have fun :thumb:

Regards Pat

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi Smurf

Until you've driven off at least once still hooked up:Doh:, and left your ariel up moving off :Doh:eek:r been covered in brown stuff while dumping you are not a true RVer!! :cry: :cry:

Regards Pat

:roflmto::roflmto: done the brown twice now filled me boots both times
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Smurf

Regards Pat
Two outa three ain't bad, and i,m happy to rely on Tony's and Keith's descriptions for the missing qualifier:whatthe:
Geo

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I was just handed the keys in the States and I was on my Todd.

You'll soon get used to it and Linda wont leave you without advising you how to..........................?

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
You definately don't like to be bored, major surgery a few weeks ago, now moving out of a house into an RV you haven't got home yet, and planning to take off in it around Europe :ROFLMAO:

And I thought we were mad, 2 houses to decorate in Wiltshire, 1 to move into, 1 to sell. Then 1 to buy and move into in Norfolk and then 1 to sell in Wiltshire, and in between a 2 month trip to Morocco. All in the first 6 months of this year :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Blessings

Tina

OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Hi Tina!

You missed the bit about being a passenger rather than a driver as I'm not medically qualified (well, not yet) to be able to drive 7.5 tonnes.

So, the most nervous passenger in the world is gonna be sitting in the suicide seat............

BB
Papa

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
While I can't make any recommendations for suitable sites.........if in the suicide seat and nervous with it, there's always the trusty brown paper bag - dual purpose, either wear it so you can't see, or if you feel queasy............saves trying to make it to the back of the bus :roflmto:

BTW, you have email :winky:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
When we first moved into our RV - well over five years ago now - we were told if ever we had a problem on a site all we needed to do was to open the bonnet and look puzzled. Works like a charm! There's always someone who is on hand to offer the advice we need whether it's under the bonnet or not.::bigsmile:

Try it - it really does work!:RollEyes:

Bob and Di

OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
PS makes note to ask Lindy how to open bonnet.......................:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh , and you have a reply email::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back