Milan / Italy - Ducato Poor Door Locks / Be On Your Guard.....

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
A class RV and Autotrail
Exp
35 +years with breaks
Just about to fit ProPlates to my 2018 X290 and I discovered these were fitted. Has anyone else seen them? Are Fiats now strengthening the door locks, and do I need to fit the ProPlates? There is of course nothing on the outside to disuade an attempt to punch a hole beneath the door lock...

would this simple mod to make your own work ?

Plate1.jpgPlate1.jpg

Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
They'd still have to climb through it on mine as the internal door locks have to be removed from the rear of the vehicle.:xThumb:
But never forget - the harder it is to get in a vehicle

And if they really, really want to get in

The more damage they cause doing it. :(

A friend had £700 worth of damage to his car after they nicked his stereo. :mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
Chichester
Funster No
MH
Soon
Exp
Know a few lads with Trafic and Vivaro vans that have had their tools stolen, just a screwdriver pushed through in the right place on the back door pops the lock open!!
Son and I have a Vivaro kitted that we use weekends for bikes and motorbikes and I have put a plate on the back door😕😕

if they broke in they would only get some tools and clothing but probably do about £1k worth of damage.

Jan 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Rented a few times...now an owner.
They'd still have to climb through it on mine as the internal door locks have to be removed from the rear of the vehicle.:xThumb:
Its a good point, but isn't there a risk that they're only going find this out, once they've trashed your window? At which point they may still try and rob the van or walk away... either way its not good news.
Everyone has their own take on this, so not trying to preach to anyone on this ...but my view is that I will do what I can to deter them from touching the van in the first place - anything after that is likely to cost me more in the long run, and unlikely to put the determined thief off

Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
What makes the Ford Transit Mk 8 so easy to steal?
Not being a thief but I suspect a search in "youtube" will show you.

"Peel and Steal" to gain access should be a good search option.

Then I suspect a OBD reader to reprogram and start the engine.

But I suspect all vans are easy to break into and nick if you are not bothered about damaging them.

Aug 18, 2014
Spain
Funster No
MH
Granduca 49
Exp
just restarted after 30 year break
Its a good point, but isn't there a risk that they're only going find this out, once they've trashed your window?
Very true,In fact I often find I unlock the van with the remote only to be unable to get in as the door bars are still in & access is only from the side door, which has a milenco on it outside..:xrofl:Only having an actual lock on the drivers door a flat battery :xdoh:means that you could not even get in through the side door as it only works on central locking.:xsurprised:

On mine I have rear door internal upper & lower bolts . On the outside milenco sliding locks.the front doors have 1/2" stainless steel bolts through the B pillar into the front doors. The obd reader has a steel cage & there is a pedal/clutch lock fitted along with a stop lock steering wheel lock. I use all the above when parked. There is also an alarm to be fitted along with tracker. The majority of them are only to delay attempted theft hopefully for the few seconds so allowing for my return to catch them in the act where I can then crucify them ,pour petrol over them & set them on fire,put them out & do it again , & again, & again.This is after having broken every bone in there body(y):xlaugh:(y):xrofl: Then check there pockets to see whether there is enough to pay for the damage.:xThumb:

:xThumb:

Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Not being a thief but I suspect a search in "youtube" will show you.

"Peel and Steal" to gain access should be a good search option.

Then I suspect a OBD reader to reprogram and start the engine.

But I suspect all vans are easy to break into and nick if you are not bothered about damaging them.
I asked the question because every time Ford is mentioned we get the same old response "Ford are so easy to steal". It is interesting that the poster who made this comment earlier has not responded. Older Fords were easier to steal with the Tibbe locks but Ford no longer fit those. Its a shame some keep trotting out the same out-of-date garbage.

Frankly today Fords are no easier/harder to steal than any other chassis make, and there are spates of every type of vehicle theft being reported. "Peel and Steal" only applies to panel vans, and OBD ports an any vehicle are susceptible. Cheap battery angle grinders will defeat most types of clamps and locks.

SMC Motorhomes Newark
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers