Might Re-Selfbuild our van. Thoughts on this design?

Discussion in 'Self-Build Motorhomes' started by Wissel, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Wissel

Wissel Funster

Ratings:
    +1,583
    It's an attachment for an antenna pole (was on the last van).

I have a long range WiFi antenna attached to a pole that rises 3m from these brackets. Tempted to keep it in new van as can get WiFi from over a mile away with it.

EDIT - Plus it's on the side of the van I don't look at :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Wissel

Wissel Funster

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Been a bit slow the last week as moved house.

The plan was for the house to go as the van was finished, but I've made so many changes that didn't happen. Instead I'm parked up on my Dad's drive in N. Wales while I finish the van. Whilst living in it :)

Actually it works quite well as I lay there at night working out small details or how to get a fixing neat here and there.

Going to crack on with the water system today. The water heater is already fitted, as are pipes that run through the floor from one side of the van to the other.

Decided to use 15mm Speedfit pipework and fittings everywhere, with 1/2 BSP fittings where needed (no barbs or jubilee clips anywhere). Here's a drawing showing what's going in:
    Water-System-1.3.jpg
    I have everything to fit apart from the water filter (3M) that should arrive later this week and the winter tank (removable) which I'll order later in the year.

Hopefully finish the gas install today as well. Most is in, but I need to run two pipes under the chassis (all armoured pipe with stainless rubber clips) for the oven and BBQ point, plus fit the manifold now I know exactly where I want it.

Weather is lovely again here today :)

• Like it Like it x 1
  3. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +27,473
    Are we gonna get some piccies soon ... :)

• Like it Like it x 1
  4. Wissel

Wissel Funster

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Yep - as soon as I get an area fairly finished :)

At the moment it looks like the building site it is. Hoping to fit the whole electrical system later this week and with that fitted I can finish the bed area. I'll post images then :)

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1