Might be time for a new leisure battery (1 Viewer)

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Not sure how long leisure battery last might be on way out.
Panel states charge! solar panel was showing load? plugged in for a day or so voltage was up to 14.4 and back down to 13.8v.
Not sure if one cell might be on way out we have owned van for almost three years battery looks old might be original one with van.
Not sure how long they should last sealed tyre battery.
Jim

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Ours is 8 years old, sealed Carbon Fibre type. Charges at 14.2v on alternator/mains, settles at 13.6v on solar during the day due to the regulator, then drops back to 12.7v at night with no load on it. Still does everything we need it to do, but am considering getting a new one soon just because it's so old.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Not sure how long leisure battery last might be on way out.
Panel states charge! solar panel was showing load? plugged in for a day or so voltage was up to 14.4 and back down to 13.8v.
Not sure if one cell might be on way out we have owned van for almost three years battery looks old might be original one with van.
Not sure how long they should last sealed tyre battery.
Jim
Not sure why you think your battery is failing? 14. 2 was on ehu 13.8 on solar? you need to get battery voltage an hour after any charge going in then see if it drops rapidly when in use

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JimboT

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
The control panel is stating charge been on charge for two days hence think there might be a battery problem Schaudt display panel symbol charge! on panel.
Jim

OP
OP
JimboT

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
New battery fitted is it worth getting another battery and link wire? whilst i have fron seat out

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It would save taking the seat back out....or you could install the link and fuses then insulate the open end until you get a second battery.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back