Mifi help please (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I have a new Vodafone contract data sim which I put in a new HUAWEI mifi all is ok and it works fine through the HUAWEI app on the iPad and is what I am on now.
Now I’ve downloaded the Vodafone mifi app on the iPad so I can see my account information on but I can’t get it to work as it comes up with stuff about Lan domain and I have no idea what to put in there, is there anyone that can help please maybe @Gromett ...?
This is what comes up....

22063264-687E-474B-B5BC-BC533124BB15.png

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Don't use Vodafone so can't help with specifics, but it looks to me as if the iPad is connected to an alternative internet source. Have you checked in settings/wifi to make sure it's connected to the Huawei? If it is, if you explore the Huawei app, there's an awful lot of info available, you may find the information the Voda app wants there.

Malcolm

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The 'Vodafone MiFi' app is only for use with Vodafone branded MiFi devices - hence why it is looking for vodafonemobile.wifi local domain. You could try and supplement the 'LAN domain' with the one for your Huawei device, which will be either 192.168.8.1 or 192.168.1.1 depending on the age of the device but expect it won't work (I've never tried).

It is to all intents and purposes the same as the Huawei HiLink app, however. The regular Vodafone app may work through the Huawei connection for the purposes of monitoring your account/billing but you may need to 'log on' to your Vodafone account through a web browser.

Hope that helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
I have a new Vodafone contract data sim which I put in a new HUAWEI mifi all is ok and it works fine through the HUAWEI app on the iPad and is what I am on now.
Now I’ve downloaded the Vodafone mifi app on the iPad so I can see my account information on but I can’t get it to work as it comes up with stuff about Lan domain and I have no idea what to put in there, is there anyone that can help please maybe @Gromett ...?
This is what comes up....

View attachment 205953

Have you looked at this at all?

LAN domain – This will be set to 'vodafonemobile.wifi' when you first set up your Vodafone. Mobile Wi-Fi Router, but you can change it if you wish. IP Address – The Internet Protocol address that identifies your Router on the local Wi-Fi network that it creates for you. You would not normally need to change your Router's IP.

Kev

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Have you looked at this at all?

LAN domain – This will be set to 'vodafonemobile.wifi' when you first set up your Vodafone. Mobile Wi-Fi Router, but you can change it if you wish. IP Address – The Internet Protocol address that identifies your Router on the local Wi-Fi network that it creates for you. You would not normally need to change your Router's IP.

Kev

Yes, but I’ve got to get into the app to change it....

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Ok ...when you search for your mifi ..can i ask what comes up on your screen? As Addie stated the App is normally biased to Vodafone products. If... when you look for wifi connections your Huawei mifi shows up and not Vodafone, you then have to configure your Huawei mifi to see the card you are using. It sounds as if the hardware you are using may be the issue?
By that it need to be told to see a Vodaphone Data card you intend to use.
Again..As EM as stated too, you possibly need to search the software for the Huawei and configure the settings on your phone/pad to suit

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I check my Vodafone account with the SIM in my unlocked phone....cannot get my usage/account details through my MiFi......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back