mifi help please (1 Viewer)

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
Thanks guys time was against me with a few other issues. I am now at gravelines and its time for bed I did manage to get a three sim in my phone but I've properly messed that up too lol.

ok, hope you've had a good nights sleep & your feeling rested. Pour yourself a little of what you fancy, sit down, take deep breath, and follow my instructions and Andy63 screenshot which is above my post. Metamoros instructions won't work on this occasion, as the Vodafone seems to come up with a different page from his. What have you done wrong with your phone, can anyone here help. Would really love to hear that you have got sorted. Regards, Joan, social secretary to Mike

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
I have tried to explain that several times with the correct APN for3 but for some reason this does not seem to work for porkster
unfortunately the APN for 3 does not work with the R207, I know it works on my other Huawei device, it needs to be "whatever" and the IP address is "8080" as Andy63 showed in his screenshot. Makes me wonder if this setting will work with all the other provider's data. sims.

rich g

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
:)Thank you all for your help,

andy63 i could not have done it without your screen shot,thank you

We go away in a weeks time so i will see how how it performs in France & Italy

I have an iboost directional system also,so i should be ok. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Makes me wonder if this setting will work with all the other provider's data. sims.
Hi again...This device is the only one I've come across that requires a number in the box...
Same number has worked for O2 and orange in Spain ee as well if I remember correctly..
It was @ukbill that helped me out around Xmas time... I have no idea what the number is but it works..
Cost me a bottle when I visited him in Spain :LOL:
Andy.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I have an iboost directional system also,so i should be ok. :)
I'd appreciate any feed back on the I boost when you cross the water...mine is fine over here with fon ( I got the fonera router to allow me to be a fon subscriber ) but I have heard logging on in France may not be straight fwd...something about conflicting addresses.
So any info greatly appreciated.
Andy

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
We have used the Iboost directional in Spain very successfully, did not have to change any settings. We have it on a mast which is then raised through the roof from inside the wardrobe, it's really easy then to find the best signal by using the iPad and webpage of Motorhome Wifi. At the moment we are on a rally in the middle of a field, and picking up a free wifi signal, no one else has been able to.

rich g

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
I'd appreciate any feed back on the I boost when you cross the water...mine is fine over here with fon ( I got the fonera router to allow me to be a fon subscriber ) but I have heard logging on in France may not be straight fwd...something about conflicting addresses.
So any info greatly appreciated.
Andy

Hi Andy

On our return i will let you know how i got on with the iboost.

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Hi guys in a last minute dash I chucked a three sim in phone it badicly set itself up. I didn't hold out any hope to be fair but I'm now in Colmar France with a useable signal and the wife's tetherd. So the not tethering dosnt appear to be correct, on a happy not when I'm home I think I'll be able to get online using the latest screenshot. As I'm sure I see that page and thought what the Fxxx, going to chill her for 2 nights then onto Italy

Laters

Ian Johnston

Free Member
Aug 16, 2016
belfast
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
i'm a newbie
Done in 10 seconds thanks to Andy63!!!!! Legend
It took 2 months to get Vodafone to unlock my R207.
Emails / phone calls / 'live person' chats with an obviously inanimate person!

Spent this morning in a 3 store who eventually sent me home to phone a 'techie'.
No luck in his 20 min call so he went away to research and call back later.

He then connected me to Huawei in Japan who manufacture the R207.

They said they couldn't do anything about Vodafone's firmware that they insert.

But LO and BEHOLD - Googled and found this forum. SORTED.

Well worth the price of a new motorhome!!

Cheers Guys

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back