mifi help for printer (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Hi I am trying to help a member to connect a printer to a mifi network. I know very little about these, the printer does not have a screen to find the network and the mifi does not have a wps button or screen either. It is a huawei I think I have identified the model as a E5330 but as I am not on site I'm not sure, also the member does not have a pc or laptop and I'm not sure if it is possible to access the setting menu on an android phone.
If anyone can help we would both be grateful, thanks.
John

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It should be possible to enter the MiFi settings from a browser, a quick Google suggests 192.168.8.1 should work for a E5330 - but it will prompt for a user name and password.

If you can get the printer connected it should be possible to print from whatever app they are using by selecting the print option in the menu and then selecting the printer.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If the printer is new or has been used on a network using DHCP it should connect to the network automatically.
You will then need to download the printer app for Android to print through the network.

Here is how to do it with an HP printer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
It should be possible to enter the MiFi settings from a browser, a quick Google suggests 192.168.8.1 should work for a E5330 - but it will prompt for a user name and password.

If you can get the printer connected it should be possible to print from whatever app they are using by selecting the print option in the menu and then selecting the printer.
The problem is no computer and the instructions for the MIFI sate a windows or Apple is required to set it up, I am going to check tomorrow if it will work with an Android phone but I cannot find anything on line about it, although I have found a Huawei MIFI app for Android so I will try that, it doesn't help that I am not on site

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
If you download the Huawei Hilink app it should allow you to get into the configuration. The default user name and password are both ‘admin’.
The app shows connected devices so if printer is connected it should show up

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
You can use an iPhone if you have one

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
We have a canon wifi printer. It has a small lcd screen. In settings? It searches for available wifi signals, choose the desired signal and then enter wifi password. Job done. No need to connect pc to printer or use a wps button, or know the 192.168 etc. Although wps is easier.

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
We have a canon wifi printer. It has a small lcd screen. In settings? It searches for available wifi signals, choose the desired signal and then enter wifi password. Job done. No need to connect pc to printer or use a wps button, or know the 192.168 etc. Although wps is easier.
Unfortunately it is I suspect an older HP with no screen, and the MIFI does not have a wps button

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back