Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi all my motorhome is nearly 12 months old and getting due its first annual service
has anyone used midgeleys how was the service??
i know that costs vary from garage to garage but that isn't really an issue i want the job done properly and and everything done as i have heard the horror stories of the ungreased alko axles etc.

i just don't want to leave my van with some garage then have to re-do all the work myself.
im sure most will understand where im coming from on that.

thanks in advance.

andy. :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Andy,

If its the vans first service, there is not an enormous amount to do, if they are not conversant with the Alko chassis just make a point of telling them to jack it up before greasing, you can always check the nipples afterwards.

Peter

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We bought our van from Midgley and our service last year was free. Everything seemed to be Ok and we have had no problem. Ours is due again in February and we will be taking it to Geo, Pecks Hill Garage at Mansfield. He is a member on here and a LOT cheaper than dealers. Also he serviced our last van for us and his attention to detail is second to none. I cannot reccommend his work highly enough. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cyclingdoglucy

Free Member
Apr 27, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
retired vehicle
Exp
retired 4 months
scrap

We bought our van from Midgley and our service last year was free. Everything seemed to be Ok and we have had no problem. Ours is due again in February and we will be taking it to Geo, Pecks Hill Garage at Mansfield. He is a member on here and a LOT cheaper than dealers. Also he serviced our last van for us and his attention to detail is second to none. I cannot reccommend his work highly enough. :thumb:

be careful theres a lot of scrap being sold in skipton ? , i would be even careful on the market ? , never mind about buying a m/h from there.:thumb:
mr bean

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back