Midge repellant (1 Viewer)

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
My good lady and youngest daughter always use Mosi-guard which can be bought at the co-op chemist....brilliant stuff...totally natural

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
As a follow-up to Pappajohn's post recommending "Avon Skin so Soft" as a midge repellant...... it is currently on offer on line at £4.99 for 3 bottles + delivery HERE

Does this also work with mozzies? Especially the awful French mozzies:RollEyes:
Margaret

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
A friend told me about "SMIDGE", I haven't tried it yet, so can't comment on it's performance. When the little blighters start biting, I know it's time to go indoors:Blush:
Have put a couple of links below for you:thumb:
Margaret

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

TweetiePie

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Movano self build
Exp
on and off since 1968
We wondered how your skin was so soft Brian.......Now we know, and don't tell us you just get it for Joyce :Blush:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have an excellent regime that ABSOLUTELY works agin the dread Scottish midges..

I go to France instead..

So far this has worked 100% :thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I hope it does :whatthe:......I will let you know in a couple of weeks!!

I have just ordered some of the Skin So Soft online, so will try it out on the Scottish midges first, then the French mozzies when we go over early next month. Many thanks again for the information.

I remember the mozzies in Brittany being quite bad, but like the midges here, they're only a problem with there's no wind:thumb:
I could take up smoking, they don't like that either, or so I'm told:roflmto:

Margaret

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I hope it does :whatthe:......I will let you know in a couple of weeks!!

I have just ordered some of the Skin So Soft online, so will try it out on the Scottish midges first, then the French mozzies when we go over early next month. Many thanks again for the information.

I remember the mozzies in Brittany being quite bad, but like the midges here, they're only a problem with there's no wind:thumb:
I could take up smoking, they don't like that either, but think the Skin So Soft will work out cheaper:roflmto:

Margaret

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Can totally agree with Avon stuff and smoking as we saw a group of bikers putting up their tents and they smoked all the time, and the midges left them alone and went for any one else they could find.

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We wondered how your skin was so soft Brian.......Now we know, and don't tell us you just get it for Joyce :Blush:

Ahha ..... now you know my secret Rob :winky: Of course Joyce doesn't need it as her skin is perfect................

Broken Link Removed

oops now I shall be in trouble
:Doh:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Can totally agree with Avon stuff and smoking as we saw a group of bikers putting up their tents and they smoked all the time, and the midges left them alone and went for any one else they could find.

Might not has just been the smoke that put the midges off, Dave... maybe they were "Mod" midges... :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Have a bath or shower.....

Collect two paper plates of..

Dog "Poo".....

Place said plates either side of your garden/Deckchair.....

And the flies will leave you alone.... :thumb:

:sorry2::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

up4it

Free Member
Sep 7, 2011
Kent
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
February 2011
If you buy some citronella oil and bottle of fragrance free moisturiser and add 20 drops of citronella oil to it.
Citronella oil is whats in the Avon stuff.

Works for me Gus :thumb:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Does this also work with mozzies? Especially the awful French mozzies:RollEyes:
Margaret

Well the British Army use it for their jungle training in Belize, so I expect it will deal with a few Scottish midges or or French mossies OK! We are taking it to France, so it better had!

Catherine

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Well the British Army use it for their jungle training in Belize, so I expect it will deal with a few Scottish midges or or French mossies OK! We are taking it to France, so it better had!

Catherine

I didn't know that, sounds good, I will try it out here when the stuff arrives. I've got a couple of itchy red lumps from the other night, no breeze, loads of midges, you don't see them landing on you until they bite:Blush:

Sounds as if there are quite a few Funsters heading for France soon, we should be in and around Normandy and Brittany for the whole of September.....praying for some nice weather:thumb:
Margaret

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
My wife swears by The Avon product Skin So soft.........as others here have said. I have fished in the Alaskan wilderness where you are surrounded by clouds of biting midges and had to wear hats with nets on the brim covering your face and head......We all used Jungle Formula.......which we had to apply every few hours. It works. But it's strong stuff !

barry

http://www.jungle-formula.com/

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
As a follow-up to Pappajohn's post recommending "Avon Skin so Soft" as a midge repellant...... it is currently on offer on line at £4.99 for 3 bottles + delivery HERE

can you tell me where online was it on sale 3 bottles for £4-99
thanks
Just click on the link at the end of my op

jazz

Free Member
May 19, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16yrs previously 25years caravaning
avon

Thanks, Brilliant buy but no free delivery :Sad:

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Thanks, Brilliant buy but no free delivery :Sad:
I was very lucky ...... I placed my order yesterday and paid the £5.50 (only £2 extra) for next day delivery....... had a phone call last evening from Avon apologizing as my order was late being dispatched so would be a day late arriving and they have refunded the delivery charge in full.:thumb:
I know some won't believe it :RollEyes: but this is the first time I have ever bought from Avon but if they are this good I may start buying all my cosmetics from them.:Blush::Cool:
I just hope the product is as good as their service:thumb:

Brian

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
All Avon products are good, I buy shower gel shampoo etc etc and my perfume from them, excellent fast delivery too.

jazz

Free Member
May 19, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16yrs previously 25years caravaning
well we are off over the water next month, well prepared for midgie's,:Eeek: so will let you know how good it is :thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I ordered 2 of the Skin So Soft oil spray (for midges 'n' mozzies) and a third SSS product, it was more than £4.99, I guess it would have been if I'd taken 3 of the same midge one. Plus the postage, which I am more than happy to pay for:thumb:
Got an e-mail earlier to say it was on it's way. I should really buy more from Avon, but I am a QVC addict and buy a lot of L'Occitane products as well.
Can't wait to try it out the Avon one on our local midges.........gorgeous weather up here again in D & G, so the little blighters will be out again tonight if the breeze drops.
Margaret:Smile:

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
£4.99 :Angry: Cost me £26.
Selected it into the basket and my wife said let me have a look around whilst you have it up.:Doh::Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back