Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
WHATS THE HURRY/ You just get to the traffic jam quicker. Many years ago i drove a truck with a max speed (in gear) of 47 mph. It still takes me the same time now days in a more modern faster vehicle to drive to the same destinations. BUSBY::bigsmile:
YOU SAY! WHATS THE HURRY?
when i set my destination in my tomtom and it tell's my i have a 1hour 25 minutes journey i set a task of beating it by at least 10 minutes,cant have a little box on the windscreen telling me how long its going to take.:Angry:
all cars, vans and lorrys ,should be driven like you stole it:thumb:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
drive your vehicle with due consideration of other road users and you cant go wrong no mater how other drivers drive

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009

It also leaves lanes open for you in your Merc to get somewhere:thumb:

EDIT:- My appologise.. the topic was has anyone heard of any prosecutions.....

Trust me, I dont have a problem getting anywhere, the problem I have is when all traffic stops.

The topic and following posts have been about lane hogging. I just dont see how anyone can drive up right behind another driver hopeing to harrass them into changing lanes when as they stated they could have easily overtaken in the righthand lane without unnecessary harassment. In my mind that is the offence being committed. If an offence was being committed int he first palce.

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
What car is it that Chris drives:Blush:

I was trying to drive my wife's BMW.

My Renault failed it's MOT on Friday:Sad:

New car next month though.

I am thinking of emblazing it with driving training logo:winky:

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
It's about two months now since the new law came in amidst a wave of controversy about prosecuting middle lane hoggers, the consensus was that it couldn't be policed, has anyone heard of a prosecution?

IMHO
Without blatantly sticking to a middle or outside lane on an empty motorway and being followed by a police car I fail to see how they can police this rediculous law.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
EDIT:- My appologise.. the topic was has anyone heard of any prosecutions.....

Trust me, I dont have a problem getting anywhere, the problem I have is when all traffic stops.

The topic and following posts have been about lane hogging. I just dont see how anyone can drive up right behind another driver hopeing to harrass them into changing lanes when as they stated they could have easily overtaken in the righthand lane without unnecessary harassment. In my mind that is the offence being committed. If an offence was being committed int he first palce.

It's certainly one way of looking at the problem.

It doesn't solve the problem though.

I wasn't suggesting you were speeding by the way ( God forbid) just that people driving in the correct lanes allows traffic to run more smoothly:thumb:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Are you suggesting that we should overtake on the inside or outside lanes as we wish? or do you agree that we should follow some sort of rules of the road? or are you implying the fastest cars on the road take whatever overtaking manouver they see fit to get them to their destination as fast as they can without having to comply with traffic congestion along with the majority of safe drivers?
Wouldn't that leave road users driving at a lesser speed haveing to speculate which lane a faster on-coming vehicle would be overtaking them? and what if an accident occurs? who would be at fault?

Haveing to overtake in the righthand lane, at least everyone should know what the rules of the road are.. and if that lane is congested.. tough titties, you should wait like everyone else for the road ahead to clear. or pull into the right hand lane for a safer journey. ;)

I am suggesting that the rules of the road should be observed by all. By hogging the middle lane when the nearside lane is clear effectively makes a 3 lane highway a dual carriageway. You seem to imply that the rules of the road only apply to those that want to overtake and that effectively taking up 2 lanes is perfectly acceptable.
If someone driving in the middle lane has to speculate which side they are going to be overtaken on then I would suggest they know they are in the wrong lane and should follow the rules of the road and pull over.

Lunarman

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
I wasn't suggesting you were speeding by the way ( God forbid) y:thumb:

God forbid is correct.. LOL

May I bring to your attention, driving on the M25 its virtualy impossible to drive at 70mph when the road is free from road works. The middle or outside lanes average 75 - 85 mph or more.... thats just to keep up with the flow.

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
I am suggesting that the rules of the road should be observed by all. By hogging the middle lane when the nearside lane is clear effectively makes a 3 lane highway a dual carriageway. You seem to imply that the rules of the road only apply to those that want to overtake and that effectively taking up 2 lanes is perfectly acceptable.
If someone driving in the middle lane has to speculate which side they are going to be overtaken on then I would suggest they know they are in the wrong lane and should follow the rules of the road and pull over.

Lunarman

I agree...

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
God forbid is correct.. LOL

May I bring to your attention, driving on the M25 its virtualy impossible to drive at 70mph when the road is free from road works. The middle or outside lanes average 75 - 85 mph or more.... thats just to keep up with the flow.

Yes, the M25 is an exception::bigsmile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I was trying to drive my wife's BMW.

My Renault failed it's MOT on Friday:Sad:

New car next month though.

I am thinking of emblazing it with driving training logo:winky:
BMW :Blush: why is it that only certain types are attracted to this particular manufacturer :winky: they even have hierarchy among themselves. My M3 is faster than your M5 so get out of my way. MOVE OVER:ROFLMAO:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I agree...

Are you sure? in my post I said

"You seem to imply that the rules of the road only apply to those that want to overtake and that effectively taking up 2 lanes is perfectly acceptable"

Lunarman

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
BMW :Blush: why is it that only certain types are attracted to this particular manufacturer :winky: they even have hierarchy among themselves. My M3 is faster than your M5 so get out of my way. MOVE OVER:ROFLMAO:

They dont fit indicators on BMWs do they! BUSBY:roflmto:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

Not sure what "certain type" you think my better half falls into Buttons??

She just liked the car. Is there anything wrong with that?

What is the Buttons version of acceptable?

OP
OP
Gooney
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010

Your right Buttons, BMW and Audi drivers are said to fit into the stereotype you describe :winky:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Well , as I understand there is NO SLOW LANE, left normal driving ,middle and outside overtaking, I myself being blonde,::bigsmile: drive in the left lane, overtake in the middle then get in as soon as possible to the left lane , if lots of traffic have used outside lane then back in asap, , now that I drive a motor home all the time, I stick to the left lane and overtake in middle lane and get back as soon as, also on coming up to slip roads and I am on the main drag, if the other lane is clear, I move over to the middle to give more room to driver coming on to mw ,then I move back to left lane, my friend says I shouldn`t do this, my argument is, if it is clear why not, I do not like other drivers baulking me so I do try not do it to them, courtesy goes a long way to safer driving, also today I think they are taught to pass the test and not to drive, there is a difference, think about it, my Brother says I will not pass the advanced driving test today, reason, I use my gears, today they are taught to use the brakes, advanced driving instructor told my husband this as it is cheaper to replace brake pads than it is clutches, not taught that the gears also act as a brake, that is why there are so many accidents in bad weather, boring as it may be I still drive as I was taught.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Not sure what "certain type" you think my better half falls into Buttons??

She just liked the car. Is there anything wrong with that?

What is the Buttons version of acceptable?
Do I sense a change,:Blush: we were in fact talking about your driving not your wife's. My ref as you know was referring to men driving this manufactures cars not women. Women have a totally different view of cars than men do. Men in BMWs are a bread unto themselves. Don't believe me ask others. Remember this is FUN.:Smile:

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
Are you sure? in my post I said

"You seem to imply that the rules of the road only apply to those that want to overtake and that effectively taking up 2 lanes is perfectly acceptable"

Lunarman

I dont understand what your getting at..

If your driving in the middle lane how does that take up 2 lanes? explain!

As I Understand the way it should work >>>>

If I drive faster than you I drive in the middle lane. If your driving in the middle lane because someone is driving slower than you on the iunside lane and I come up behind you faster I will overtake you on the outside lane... is that not how it works??? In 1 of my posts I did admit to having an outdated highway code book. perhaps I am wrong.

Please advise....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gooney
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
BMW.......Bloody Minded Wan*#rs

Audi.......Accelerates Under Demonic Influences

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Glad you liked that Buttons,

I love a Gotcha moment:ROFLMAO:

Gotcha, do I remember you describing your pleasure driving an Audi TT for breakfasts on a Sunday morning.?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Do I sense a change,:Blush: we were in fact talking about your driving not your wife's. My ref as you know was referring to men driving this manufactures cars not women. Women have a totally different view of cars than men do. Men in BMWs are a bread unto themselves. Don't believe me ask others. Remember this is FUN.:Smile:

Change?

Sorry I don't follow.

iI stand by everything I have said on thisthread Buttons.

I am a responsible driver most of the time but stupid middle laners do get me annoyed.

I do hope you are not one of them:winky:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

Gotcha, do I remember you describing your pleasure driving an Audi TT for breakfasts on a Sunday morning.?

I commend you on your set up skills::bigsmile:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i was sat in traffic last week,when a soft top bmw pulled up alongside my drivers door,bald bloke and what looked like his mrs? sat with the the top down i shouted "you need to get rid of the car mate,it blown all your hair off":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
his mrs ? was laughing her head off,and he just give the v sign:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

I was doing my best not to mention Audi, great cars when driven by excellent drivers. Problem is some companies provide them to middle management would be BMW drivers. Bad combination. Gets Audi a bad name. :winky:

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Living in the north east of Scotland can someone explain what a middle lane is?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back