Mid Sussex Storage Albourne (1 Viewer)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
It's about 3 miles from my house. Looking on Google Maps it looks a bit like a very grimy and dusty industrial estate and not like the photo on their website. I'd nip round and have a look but I think this satellite photo tells you all you'd need to know.....
Firsland Ind Estate.JPG

Dec 24, 2014
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Just looked in there lunchtime. It's not an 'industrial estate' at all but rather rough and very unkempt ex-farm(yard) land with a range of of higgledy-piggledy buildings in various states of repair and seemingly abandoned cars, machinery, pallets, corrugated iron, containers and general commercial rubbish. There was no sign of a storage company but I was directed to a chap called Phil on the site who said that the storage business didn't exist yet but he was negotiating for a site fairly close at Scaynes Hill and to contact him via their (currently spoof) website in the new year.
Never mind their borrowed web photo and imaginative claim about their 'Team', and 'vermin and fire control', 'Number plate recognition technology', 'onsite owner' 'CCTV' etc. etc. I wasn't happy about leaving my car unattended for 20 mins whilst I was looking around.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
shawn&emma
Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
Just looked in there lunchtime. It's not an 'industrial estate' at all but rather rough and very unkempt ex-farm(yard) land with a range of of higgledy-piggledy buildings in various states of repair and seemingly abandoned cars, machinery, pallets, corrugated iron, containers and general commercial rubbish. There was no sign of a storage company but I was directed to a chap called Phil on the site who said that the storage business didn't exist yet but he was negotiating for a site fairly close at Scaynes Hill and to contact him via their (currently spoof) website in the new year.
Never mind their borrowed web photo and imaginative claim about their 'Team', and 'vermin and fire control', 'Number plate recognition technology', 'onsite owner' 'CCTV' etc. etc. I wasn't happy about leaving my car unattended for 20 mins whilst I was looking around.

Hello @Spriddler thankyou so much for taking the time to do that, it is very much appreciated. Hate to think what would have happened if I'd paid the requested money for the year, up front and then turned up there. Sound almost not real that someone could do that. I did look on google earth and couldn't send anything but just thought it was an old image as some are.

Bit of a bugger as that was the closest of the ones that replied.

Thanks again
Shawn

Dec 24, 2014
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
The 'new' place at Scaynes Hill may be o.k. but he sounded a bit imprecise/uncertain about when or if it would be operational.
Just outside Albourne there's a lovely camp site called 'Blacklands Farm' where 'vans and m/homes are stored. Pleasant folk when I visited to ask about putting my son's 'van there for a winter but they were full at that time. (It's in my garden now :rolleyes:) Worth a call perhaps?

http://www.blacklandsfarm.co.uk/

OP
OP
shawn&emma
Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
This place my mate used to store his van there reckons its best around https://www.gatewickfarmstorage.com/

Thanks for that. Im guessing they are full as they are one of the companies I've emailed twice and they've not had the courtesy to even reply.

Thanks again though for taking the time to send the link.

Shawn.

jo10000_6

Free Member
Dec 21, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 Classic
Exp
Jan 2018
I can’t help you on the Storage - but like you emailed quite a few - some twice - either direct or on their online forms.

Disappointed at the number of companies that just didn’t reply.

Quite clearly full but have also lost the ability to have manners and any professional courtesy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back