microwaves low power (1 Viewer)

N

Nobody

Deleted User
the ones i have seen are expensive how low input power is needed does anyone recommend one:winky:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
we just use an ordinary microwave, just remember not to use the kettle or something like a hairdryer at the same time.

The low power ones not only cost a fortune to buy but take longer to heat your stuff as well, in our last van we just converted a cuboard to hold the microwave, but the new van came with a micro fitted. Not tried our new one yet but if it doesnt do as i want when i want as quick as i want it will be removed and replaced.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dpick

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
Middlesbrough
Funster No
I do the same standard microwave, have used it at the same time as TV and lights with no problems.

dpick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Yes just use a standard one - the input should be on the back; it's like anything else - heaters, kettles, hairdryer or whatever, just don't go over the amperage for the site by trying to run too much at once.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
DITTO....

the 'made for motorhome' ones are a ripoff, pricewise, and the 12v ones are even worse....dont know for sure as i'd never entertain a 12v one but maybe 50amps or more on full power.

cant beat a cheap supermarket bargain microwave for the time it gets used.
mine was £24 at morrisons :Eeek:

Upvote 0

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
When you buy your cheap microwave for the MH, as we did, look around for the one with the lowest input.

Also size and weight are often important.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
microwave

Bought ours from Comet bog standard for 28 quid. currently on 10 amps here in Spain no problem as long as we are sensible and turn off kettle etc.

OFF thread Have lost my Pound sign which used to be on the number 3 key Also the " and @ have swopped over. Have I done something to move these.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back