Free Member
Dec 20, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E460
Exp
New
Still a bit of a novice at this makarkey so a lot to learn still. Been working front to back reducing rattles from the blinds (Remis? mostly fixedby tightening screws and packing with cork tabs), oven and oven door and using non-slip sheets on cupboard floors, drawers etc. I'm getting there but te microwave is a problem. It is inside a frame but isn't fixed so every bump causes it to clatter by lifting and falling. There is a flexible plactic vent frame but I cant see how to get that off to pack the gap between the top of the microwave and the frame. Any ideas appreciated, thanks.

Nov 7, 2015
Newport, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
since 2015 previously caravaning 25 years
Ours has 4 screws through the shelf and up into the metal base of the microwave near the 4 feet. Good idea to remove the case of the microwave and have look inside before inserting any screws !

OP
OP
P

pvsdb

Free Member
Dec 20, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E460
Exp
New
Thanks, I'll look tomorrow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, Ours was like that but I just rolled up two pieces of that non slip matting and made sausage like packing under the feet never rattled again .(y)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Our microwave is a 'Post Manufacture' sat in place of the TV.

In order to prevent 20Kgs hurtling through the van in the event of an accident, I put two 'L' brackets on the back affixed to both the bottom of the van and the rear of the Microwave utilising existing fixings.
Underneath, and forming part of the base of the equipment are two pressed steel feet. I have used Sixaflex to 'Glue' the feet onto that part of the 'van that the feet are located.

Every now and then I give the Microwave a vigorous shake to test the adhesion and it ain't moved in four years.

Eenansue

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
Brizzle at the moment
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Limited experience
pack the gap between the top of the microwave and the frame.
Make sure you don't block the cooling holes otherwise you might resolve ALL your rattling issues (once the fire service have finished)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back