pamella

Free Member
Aug 19, 2013
walsall, west mids
Funster No
MH
c class?
Exp
i we were to put our microwave in a top cupboard do we need to fit a vent either to outside or perhaps to the side of the cupboard if we used the end one by the door or is a gap around the microwave enough?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Not sure what you are supposed to do, but we put one in a top cupboard without venting and used it for about 4 years. We made sure there was about a 3 inch gap at the back to keep the vent clear.

I think with the cupboard door open that is enough.

No doubt someone more technically minded will be along to call me a fool::bigsmile:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
a vent is not needed but never push it all the way back to the wall like the 1 over my fridge these cupboards are mainly made for microwaves so if needed a vent would have been fitted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
Microwavez generate heat when they are being used so you should leave a gap for the air to circulate. If you intend to use your microwave for re-heating food the heating process is for a few minutes at a time.
Cooking with the microwave means it will be on for longer periods so if you can install a vent, fresh air can circulate more freely you will reduce any risk of fire. :thumb:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back