Microwave dead, what have you bought? (1 Viewer)

Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
Hi Boys n Girls! We’re in Cornwall near Wadebridge at the moment. The microwave has stopped microwaving. It’s a Daewoo KOR-6L5R ECO. It looks like a standalone that’s been built in to our Autotrail Apache 632 2012. We have decided to get a Combi with grill, microwave & ECO to replace it. What can you recommend please?

TIA!!

Russ n Kathryn

Darloman

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
One thing to be careful about is the heat generated by the oven. The gap around the microwave is probably pretty small so the ventilation to dissipate the heat is somewhat limited. I too had to replace my Daewoo microwave in my Autotrail and I simply replaced the old unit with the same type of microwave. On checking the installation instructions the gap around the unit was barely sufficient.

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
We have recently had to have our Daewoo microwave repaired, apparently it's usually the same part that fails.
The chap that repaired ours reckons that damp is the main cause of failure of the high voltage capacitor and it keeps him busy repairing them. ( caravan & motorhomes ).
£35 is what it cost to repair.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Unless you are standing it in an open area I wouldn't put a combi in a Motorhome, they get very hot and need plenty of ventilation.
Do they not eat leccy as if it's going out of fashion as well?

OP
OP
RustyRuss
Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
We’ve bought a Sharp 20litre combi off Amazon for £63 in their Prime sale. I checked the ventilation requirements before purchase and all seems good! Getting it delivered to the site tomorrow having checked and double checked with the site owner that this was ok. I’ll report back with our experiences. Normally only use the micro for heating plates, Chinese pancakes for crispy duck and heating up liquids, so max use of maybe 3mins. Grill used for toast etc. So a similar amount of time. Thanks for your help people!
Cheers Russ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
We’ve bought a Sharp 20litre combi off Amazon for £63 in their Prime sale. I checked the ventilation requirements before purchase and all seems good! Getting it delivered to the site tomorrow having checked and double checked with the site owner that this was ok. I’ll report back with our experiences. Normally only use the micro for heating plates, Chinese pancakes for crispy duck and heating up liquids, so max use of maybe 3mins. Grill used for toast etc. So a similar amount of time. Thanks for your help people!
Cheers Russ
Amazon deliveries are very good. I do everything on smartphone so I get a message 1/2 an hour before they arrive with a map showing where the driver is and how many stops away they are, on site I just went to reception and met the driver there 👌

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back