Microfibre towels - Lifeventure Soft Fibre Towel (1 Viewer)

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
When I started out I bought some microfibre towels, and although nice and light and dry quickly after use they are not all that brilliant at drying me. I was thinking of getting some of these from Outdoor GB. Anyone used any. Are they good, or are there better ones.

Lifeventure Soft Fibre Towel

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Sorry, not tried those but do have microfibre towels and the best way of drying yourself with them is to dab and not rub. Might be worth trying that before spending money on a different sort of towel.

Denise

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
i found the same too that they didn't dry me and they tend to 'drag' on the skin, didn't like that feeling, but brilliant for drying and polishing everything else..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I use half of one of the yellow water magnet things that the guy is always selling at motorhome shows, quick dry down in the shower and then a proper towel but by then I am about dry anyway but the towel does cover my modesty, (actually a face cloth would do that) result is that the towel never really gets wet.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The cheaper microfiber towels are a bit of an acquired taste for drying yourself on. They are good for lying on the beach but unless you really need something lightweight and compact I wouldn't bother with them for drying yourself after a shower. I use them when camping on my pushbike but only because of their lightweight. However, a very small one can be used to give yourself a "pre-dry", squeezing it out from time to time as you use it, then when you have mopped up the bulk of the water use your main fluffy towel. This will keep drier and avoid having to hang wet towels in the MH if the weather outside is poor.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
When I started out I bought some microfibre towels, and although nice and light and dry quickly after use they are not all that brilliant at drying me. I was thinking of getting some of these from Outdoor GB. Anyone used any. Are they good, or are there better ones.

Lifeventure Soft Fibre Towel

Yeah I use them on my motorcycle trips.
They're ok but certainly don't compare to a proper towel. More a case of dabbing than rubbing to get dry but they do the job and are light. Feel a bit odd more like a fleece than a towel.

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
They are an acquired taste I think. We bought 2 on the advice of friends & wouldn't use anything else now! Dry you really well, I use it the same as fluffy towels, and are light and easily dried themselves!

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
I use them in the MH all the time and find them brilliant - if an acquired taste! Easy to wash, easy to dry and can be used many times and dried easily and don't smell musty "damp towelish"!

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I use these a lot and it definitely is a case of dab not rub. They don't dry completely but it is more than enough to get dressed. Wouldn't be without mine although they do need a good wash out sometimes as they can smell stale. I use some of the camping anti bac stuff on them.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
I've not used one as a towel, but use them for polishing and all that, I do notice that some of them advise not to use a conditioner when washing so I dunno if that makes any difference to the towel ones??

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Thanks for all the responses - Just refining the question here a bit

It is specifically the
Lifeventure Soft Fibre Towels -

http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/micro_fibre_trek_towels/?SelectedItem=489718

I have been using reasonable quality microfibre towels for over a year now so have probably managed to refine my drying technique, which goes something like -

Flannel off as much excess water as possible while still in shower
Have a cursory dry of remainder with inadequately small microfibre towel (only size they came in)
Quickly drag on large thick fluffy microfibre dressing gown and slippers over still damp/wet body.
Wrap microfibre towel round wet hair.

If winter immediately move to close proximity with heater until dry.

I just wondered if a better make would have better results?

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Have had microfibre towels in the past but not a fan. Much prefer a facecloth for removing majority of damp in the shower and then a nice fluffy towel to finish of. This way there is no towels to attempt to dry out and the facecloth can just be rinsed through. Amazing how successful this method is.

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
We took 1 each to France last Sept and 1 proper towel each. The microfibre dried quite well and the beauty of it was that they dried within an hour just hung up on our curtain as we were driving along. Getting another pair and ditching the proper towels for camping.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I find that using microfibre towels on your more delicate bits can be very soothing. :rolleyes: On the other hand, the wife prefers a 100 grade emery cloth. (y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Ha....What do you think?? :cry::cry::cry:
Errrr bit of both???? Or both at the same time, just to confuse the senses (y) :p

I bought one from Aldi a couple of days ago to try so just need to get away now, couldn't possibly do it at home - just not the same:D

Nov 1, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter
Exp
Since 2013
Many cheapies dry to a piece of cardboard - comfy, not! Lifeventure softfibre trek towels are the comfiest- worth every penny: I brush excess water of, have to pat dry but works a treat, and towel dries out in no time. Don't use fabric conditioner and wash on quickest setting possible to protect them. They even make them in a delicate shade of pink!

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
We've been using the Life Venture bath towel size for several years because they are light, dry quick and don't take up much room, but just recently noticed that Millets have a new version of the towel made by Eurohike Terry Microfibre travel towel. It is a true towel but very light and dries the same as the Life Venture. Mountain Warehouse do them as well. :)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I bought one from Aldi a couple of days ago to try so just need to get away now, couldn't possibly do it at home
Your right. The grit gets into the carpet. :(

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
We've been using the Life Venture bath towel size for several years because they are light, dry quick and don't take up much room, but just recently noticed that Millets have a new version of the towel made by Eurohike Terry Microfibre travel towel. It is a true towel but very light and dries the same as the Life Venture. Mountain Warehouse do them as well. :)
I bought 2 of the Mountain Warehouse micro fibre towels recently and have found them to be very good a great size and very light. (y)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I use them in the MH all the time and find them brilliant - if an acquired taste! Easy to wash, easy to dry and can be used many times and dried easily and don't smell musty "damp towelish"!

Yes, that "musty smell" that many have even when they've just washed or showered, along with putting a shirt back on because the collar looks clean but the armpits stink when warmed up again. Not you DJ but we've all tried to avoid them;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back