Michelin Easy Grip Composite Snow Chain (1 Viewer)

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
Hi,

Anyone got knowledge / experience of the above?

http://lovetyres.com/p/Wheel-Accessories/Snow-Chains/Michelin-Easy-Grip-Snow-Chains-Y11

An info leaflet available via Halfords website state that all four wheels on a camping car need them fitted. Spoken direct to Michelin UK and the need for all four wheels is advice only and the legal requirement is met by just fitting to the driving wheels (front wheels on my Ducato).

Looking primarily to get them for emergency traction whilst on damp fields in UK and don’t really anticipate climbing the alps in the middle of the winter.

Any views gratefully received.

Nigel

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
No experience of them but being basically plastic........fine on snow, probably OK on ice, 2 minutes lifespan on tarmac.

Even steel chains don't last long on tarmac.

They may give some grip on grass but they need something to grip on..
..stones, roots etc

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
I carry a pair in my car

Never had to drive them but I have fitted and inspected them and they look great, well made quality product, the french accept them instead of chains
When you get off steady snow remove them!!!!

why worry how far the will go on tarmac, they are for snow!!??

I would prefer them to snow sock and chains, I have alloys and don't want damage.

Don't know what pappajohn is droning on about, he starts his line with 'No experience of them but being basically plastic.'
they are made by michelin , they are not beginner's in this field

recommended for snow.(y)

muddy fields, TOYO H09 all the way(y)

neil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I carry a pair in my car

Never had to drive them but I have fitted and inspected them and they look great, well made quality product, the french accept them instead of chains
When you get off steady snow remove them!!!!

why worry how far the will go on tarmac, they are for snow!!??

I would prefer them to snow sock and chains, I have alloys and don't want damage.

Don't know what pappajohn is droning on about, he starts his line with 'No experience of them but being basically plastic.'
they are made by michelin ,
they are not beginner's in this field

recommended for snow.(y)

muddy fields, TOYO H09 all the way(y)

neil

Dont care if Santas little helpers or even NASA make them....they are still forms of plastic.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Quote "they are made by michelin , they are not beginner's in this field"

Bought a dual barrel Michelin tyre pump - crap - fell apart after one year but after about 4 times of using it. Wish I'd kept the receipt as I would have demanded my money back.

They might make good tyres but not everything!

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Although you don't drive on tarmac normally, I have driven on lots of snow cover roads only to find wide patches of tarmac where snow has been blown away, proper steel chains will cope more easily with this, not sure composite materials will last as long.
I bought THESE...
They look like they will last forever...

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Although you don't drive on tarmac normally, I have driven on lots of snow cover roads only to find wide patches of tarmac where snow has been blown away, proper steel chains will cope more easily with this, not sure composite materials will last as long.
I bought THESE...
they look good along with the my mates ashes :whistle2:they would get me out of all sorts of poop

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I bought THESE...

Yep, same as mine.....proper chains.

Less than a minute to fit and 5 seconds to remove thanks to the quick release fixing system.

Though i must say, after buying these two years ago we have only had one day of snow/sleet locally so they have never been out the case.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back