Michelin camper tyres disappointment (1 Viewer)

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
No real idea but most vehicle manufacturers give different pressures for different loadings, without reference to the make of tyre. I have just gone by the Carthago manual which gives specific pressures for a range of makes and sizes.
If your going by a manual then there is no issue, my track road car uses Avon ZZR which are great for the track and play with a few pounds of pressure depending on air and track temperature for road use I just stick with recommended pressures. I used to run ACB 10’s which were interesting in the wet when on white lines or heavy rain. The Michelin’s are no where near underperforming in wet or handling and whilst it’s all subjective a Motorhome is not a performance vehicle in the recent rain had no issue with traction or handeling not sure why so many say Michelin’s are Poor. They go they stop even a emergency stop I have not lost traction. Maybe it’s the driver maybe it’s a different chassis set up people are experiencing this with.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
All anyone can do is what suits them, just because someone has a keyboard doesn’t make them an expert in any subject. Just do what is best for them.
And follow the manufactures recommendations, try an insurance claim with under or over inflated tyres !

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
And follow the manufactures recommendations, try an insurance claim with under or over inflated tyres !
So are you following the vehicle manufacturers recommendations or the tyre manufacturers recommendations. The are invariably different.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
So are you following the vehicle manufacturers recommendations or the tyre manufacturers recommendations. The are invariably different.

Geoff
Vehicle manufactures as they work with the tyre companies an example is the P Zeros I had on the Evora were quite specific get the same tyre on a different vehicle you will find the pressures differ along with the wear rate. So why wouldn’t a MoHo manufacture recommend pressures for different vehicles eg a 3.5 Metre panel van max 3.5 tonne compared to an A or B class and a higher load capacity it, I would suggest be insane for the same pressures to be applied. It’s no different to the average car with one or two passengers but load it up with five inside and luggage the pressures should be changed.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
You can take it from me and others that the michelin agillis camping tyres are crap, awful ride quality, bordering on dangerous in the wet.
Your choice of course, i can thoroughly recommend michelin agillis crossclimate tyres, like night and day compared to the ones you have.
agreed(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back