Michelin Camper and Michelin Camper Green - are they the same? (1 Viewer)

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Hi,
I'm just about to replace some of my tyres and the online deal from Kwikfit looks good - £111.54 for Michelin Agilis Camping 225/70Q15 (112) - and you can get 3% Topcashback on this!!

However the 2 tyres that I am not replacing are Michelin Agilis Camping Green - is this exactly the same tyre or is it different? Does it matter?
Thanks,
Bill

OP
OP
Bill_OR
Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
I have chatted online with Michelin and they didn't know the answer! They thought that all new Camping tyres would be Green X (environmentally more friendly) but were not certain.
I think I will have to ask Kwikfit. Blackcircles are quoting £120.42 for Green X tyres but I'd rather pay £10 less at Kwikfit if they are the same tyre!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
If Michelin are saying Green is the new kid on the block
How old are the Kwickfit Bargains 3/4/5/6/year old
Check Manf Date codes at both suppliers before deciding

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Last ‘Quick Fit bargain’ I bought was only 6 months old

You may have bought a fast moving size I dont know
but let me assure you Kwikfit sell tyres cheap for a reason, ie their benefit not yours
I was not making any statement merely posing a question that should be asked given the Manf said the new camper was "Green" ergo those without were older versions

OP
OP
Bill_OR
Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
I have written to Kwikfit to check:
a) that the tyres they will supply will be Green X ones
b) that the tyres will be less than 6 months old
I'll post their reply here!

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
but let me assure you Kwikfit sell tyres cheap for a reason, ie their benefit not yours
Never been my experience, the last tyre I bought was an Agilis Camping, it was under 6 months old, it is Green X, it was £109 fitted, considerably cheaper than anywhere else and they even offered a refund of the valve charge as I didn't need it.
Never had any experience of being supplied with old tyres from them.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The Green x has been around for a couple of years. Maybe they have not updated their website.
Age wise up to 2 years is considered new in the tyre industry so they probably won't guarantee them being under 6 months old.

OP
OP
Bill_OR
Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
A quick update on this. I've just had a call back from Kwikfit Customer Services and they have confirmed that the Michelin Camping tyres they supply are Green X and they would expect the tyres supplied to be under 3 months old. I was also told that when I go to have the tyres fitted if the ones that have been supplied are over 3 months old then I can refuse to accept them and insist that they order newer ones.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A quick update on this. I've just had a call back from Kwikfit Customer Services and they have confirmed that the Michelin Camping tyres they supply are Green X and they would expect the tyres supplied to be under 3 months old. I was also told that when I go to have the tyres fitted if the ones that have been supplied are over 3 months old then I can refuse to accept them and insist that they order newer ones.
That's good news most of the big tyres suppliers treat new as under 2 years.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back