Michael O'Ryanair to close Gigginstown stud (1 Viewer)

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Will this mean lower Ryanair prices as the customers will not have to subsidise the horses? Or do the horses subsidise the passengers?

Psst, wanna buy Tiger Roll?

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Will this mean lower Ryanair prices as the customers will not have to subsidise the horses? Or do the horses subsidise the passengers?

Psst, wanna buy Tiger Roll?

Never known Ryanair to subsidise anything other than himself. He probably hasn't paid his landing fee's.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

DL42846

Deleted User
When I first moved to France 22 years ago you would regularly find horse meat on the meat counter in the supermarkets. Now you have to hunt for it and only seems to be available in the large supermarkets. Taste quiet good.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Used RYANAIR many times,,dont know what peoples problems are.It does what it says..Transports you very cheap and usually on time. BUSBY.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Used RYANAIR many times,,dont know what peoples problems are.It does what it says..Transports you very cheap and usually on time. BUSBY.

To an airport of their choosing, and then offers you an expensive ride on their bus for up to 2 hours to the city you thought you were flying to - unless you do your research properly.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
To an airport of their choosing, and then offers you an expensive ride on their bus for up to 2 hours to the city you thought you were flying to - unless you do your research properly.
Do your research then,,its not difficult on line to sort cheap transfers out..BUSBY.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Seems to me some people blame Ryanair for their own inadequacy :eek:

No offence :)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Or he cancels the flight 15 hours before due to take off.
Not HIM the airline,,just like many others.If you dont like Ryanair dont moan,,use British Airways.Busby.

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
I flew to Malaga with them last weekend and it was Malaga

As others have said you have to research and not be a fast fingered freddie or you may come unstuck.

On time. Cheap and probably won't lose your bag. Those are the good points. The negatives. Well I guess you have to expect them at the price point.

Oh and I used to be a Captain flying Ryanair aircraft. Its "Ok"

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I flew to Malaga with them last weekend and it was Malaga

As others have said you have to research and not be a fast fingered freddie or you may come unstuck.

On time. Cheap and probably won't lose your bag. Those are the good points. The negatives. Well I guess you have to expect them at the price point.

Oh and I used to be a Captain flying Ryanair aircraft. Its "Ok"

David

I was a B737 Captain but not Ryanair.

Re 'On time', maybe you would like to comment what I have posted elsewhere - that their punctality record is skewed because the published times are longer than needed for any particular sector, but there are few routes where they can be compared with other carriers because of the airports used.

Geoff

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Not HIM the airline,,just like many others.If you dont like Ryanair dont moan,,use British Airways.Busby.
He is the boss ,Whatever goes wrong stops with him regardless of whose fault it is ..same in any job. If my blokes made a mistake the fault is mine, no discussion.
I don't use them personally , have never used them & never would. I just have to sort out instant solutions when flights are delayed, cancelled, bag sizes are constantly changed + dealing with whatever countries air bureaucracy for the complaints + the ongoing travel arrangements that are affected .

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
He is the boss ,Whatever goes wrong stops with him regardless of whose fault it is ..same in any job. If my blokes made a mistake the fault is mine, no discussion.
I don't use them personally , have never used them & never would. I just have to sort out instant solutions when flights are delayed, cancelled, bag sizes are constantly changed + dealing with whatever countries air bureaucracy for the complaints + the ongoing travel arrangements that are affected .
Thats the problem with flying or any other form of travel,,so many things to go wrong and i think Ryanair are no better or worse than the others BUT they are usually the cheapest and usually on time..Does for me.BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
David

Re 'On time', maybe you would like to comment what I have posted elsewhere - that their punctality record is skewed because the published times are longer than needed for any particular sector, but there are few routes where they can be compared with other carriers because of the airports used.

Geoff
Is not skewing the timetable to arrive on time quite sensible.Rail companies could learn from Ryanair. It keeps people happy.BUSBY.

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
Almost every flight with every airline I’ve used in the last ten years publishes flight times longer than they used to be. Every flight takes off late by a little bit. Almost every time by some brilliant flying this is recovered on route and we arrive on time or even early. Passengers as said previously are “happy”.

On the other hand it’s another example of conning folk through stealth marketing. Similar to the fleecing of loyal customers with insurance etc. The reason it makes me cross is that it makes the assumption that we are all idiots. Which most of us are not.

Rant over
V. Meldrew

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Almost every flight with every airline I’ve used in the last ten years publishes flight times longer than they used to be. Every flight takes off late by a little bit. Almost every time by some brilliant flying this is recovered on route and we arrive on time or even early. Passengers as said previously are “happy”.

On the other hand it’s another example of conning folk through stealth marketing. Similar to the fleecing of loyal customers with insurance etc. The reason it makes me cross is that it makes the assumption that we are all idiots. Which most of us are not.

Rant over
V. Meldrew

The times in the timetable are for leaving the gate(pushback) to arriving at the destination gate, not take-off to landing, which are not published. At some airports the combined taxi times on departure and arrival can amout to 15 minutes.

Ryanair announce that they have arrived 'early' just after they land, not arrival at the gate.

Some passengers think they are 'happy' because 'You can con some people some of the time, but not all the people all of the time.'

Geoff

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
The times in the timetable are for leaving the gate(pushback) to arriving at the destination gate, not take-off to landing, which are not published. At some airports the combined taxi times on departure and arrival can amout to 15 minutes.

Ryanair announce that they have arrived 'early' just after they land, not arrival at the gate.

Some passengers think they are 'happy' because 'You can con some people some of the time, but not all the people all of the time.'

Geoff
Job done,,people are happy.Doesnt really matter in a 70 to 80 year life if your 10 mins early or late but it doesnt half upset lots of people..BUSBY.

Sep 25, 2018
Funster No
MH
Chausson 628eb Ford 170
Exp
September 2019
David

Geoff

Exactly.

I apologise to all those Ryanair lovers who accept being treated like dirt in return for cheap air fares.

I am the proud owner of the internet domain address. www.ryanairarebastards.com It is sadly unused at present, it's really just a point of pride and honour to sum up my genuine views on this most awful of enterprises.

I absolutely detest O'Leary and have refused to use Ryanair for years (although to be fair I hear that the 'service' they offer has actually improved).

I have for years very happily paid more to fly BA from Toulouse which is much further from our home and costs far more and that sums up the appalling way we have previously been treated by O'Leary and the other people working for him.

A really dishonest company from start to finish headed by a thoroughly unlikable rogue. When I hear the words Ryanair or even worse, O'Leary, my blood starts to boil. Just awful people.

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
If you can afford Norway price should not matter BUSBY.

Norway is not that expensive if one is staying at the girlfriend's place eating and drinking in, or with friends. Day tickets on the whole Oslo transport system including ferries to the near islands are good value.

Free internet at the University Library across the road.

The only higher costs are supermarket beer and Monopole wine(about double UK) but quality and knowledge in those shops is similar to up-market wine merchants in UK.

Geoff

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
David

Geoff

I personally find that inaccurate. The times are put together and adjusted based on historic data. As a Pilot I was paid per scheduled block hour (flying hour). So if the flight was 2 hours there and 2 hours back. Id get 4 hours pay for the whole day (ground duties incur no pay so any delays cost Ryanair nothing extra for my time.

Had they falsely increased the block times for the flight and it was always done quicker they would be paying me a lot more money than they needed to. Something Ryanair don't like doing.

Also lots of flights were about right for flight time plus taxi etc compared to block time. We landed early mainly because of asking for shortcuts on the routing. Flying faster than the cost index speed we were given on the flight plan as far as we could get away with it. London always wanted us faster than econ. So 5-10mins could always be shaved off if you were proactive.

Otherwise Id say they were a struggle to compete on time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back